Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Carry slide cut: DeltaPoint Pro?

CHLChris

I searched here on BE, no easily found answer.  On the Sig site I noticed the new X-Compact clearly indicates that the slide cut will accommodate the Romeo1 and 3 and the DP Pro.  And we know the X-Five won't fit the DPP without modification.

How about the X-Carry?  Does it sport the same footprint of the rear plate as the X5 or as the X-Compact?

Well, I can hope...  I haven't bought an X-Carry yet, but since they are the same price as an X5 these days I'm debating which one to go with for a gun that will be my backup, but also live in a quick-access safe for home defense.

6 hours ago, CHLChris said:

I On the Sig site I noticed the new X-Compact clearly indicates that the slide cut will accommodate the Romeo1 and 3 and the DP Pro.  

So the page actually says it fits the Romeo 1T, Romeo 2, and DPP

The 1T hasn't been released, and I haven't seen a Romeo 2 announced... The plot thickens

Screenshot_20190119-135942.png

Romeo1T has been known for over a year now, but I’ve never seen one in person.  Photos indicate an aluminum build, steel shroud with rear sight, and supposedly much more rugged.  It might also be the Romeo1PRO being referenced on the SIG website in a few places.  Presumably the Romeo2 being referenced is sized to fit the optic cutout flush on the muzzle end of the cutout, as the current Romeo1 does in the current cutouts, because without the lugs found on other designs you would be relying on the screws alone to handle recoil loads.  The cutout would have to be about 2 mm longer to handle the DPP.

Hopefully all will be much more clear after the SHOT show.