Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320x5 or....

mich3210

Looks nice but difficult to clear stovepipes.  Brass clearing ok?  (Yes I know Max uses one.)

no obvious changes to the X5 in the catalog but there is a new part number, so something’s different.  Perhaps the rumored compatibility with Leupold optic.  That implies a slightly longer millout for the optic and therefore slightly longer plate.  If I recall correctly it was possible to get a Leupold on the previous X5 by either milling a couple of mm on the muzzle end of the cutout, or modifying the leading edge of the optic.  Holes supposedly match up ok.

I have not shot the Canik, however, I believe my insight on the XFive will be helpful. 

First, my personal experience with the current XFIVE:

- It is MUCH more impressive in live fire than dry fire. 

- The Gray Guns Competition Kit is worth every penny. It makes the pull notably lighter. So far, I have been able to obtain pulls at the following weights by varying springs: 2.0 lbs, 2 lb 5 oz and 2 lb 7 oz.  At 2 lbs the break was not crisp enough for me. I went back to an old, strong trigger bar spring to get the 2 lb 7 oz break that is crisp enough for me. I might be able to put the SIG sear springs back in and go back to a lighter trigger bar spring to get a crisp break with a lighter pull, but I have not yet tried that. 

- My friends have watched me shoot my CZ SP-01 and my XFive in at least 2 matches and they say I am faster with my XFive and I know I am just as accurate with it. 

Second, with regard to the current XFive vs. the new XFull coming out: I would get the current XFive and not the XFull because you get the magwell, grip weight and 4x21 round mags with the XFive. Buying all of those to put in a XFull is going to cost way more than the a XFive costs, IF you can get the weight and magwell. I shoot SSP and Production so it was a piece of cake to remove the magwell.  I do not need to remove the weight (which is a pain) and I bought four new style 17 round mags for $100 shipped. I could not buy any 21 round mags for $25 anywhere. 

Hipe that helps. 

6 hours ago, Archer said:

Removing the weight is pretty easy- I just strip the FCU out of the frame and slap the module onto my reloading bench, magwell side up.  Works perfectly on all four of my X-Five grip modules.

Inertia is our friend.

Agreed, I just don’t want to break the grip/frame doing it.  Hit it hard enough but not too hard...

19 hours ago, DCSigCZ said:

Agreed, I just don’t want to break the grip/frame doing it.  Hit it hard enough but not too hard...

Well, exactly.  You could use a hard rubber pad to help mitigate that possibility, or just moderate taps, repeatedly.