Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320x5 or....

mich3210

Posted over in the "Other & Comparision" section, but haven't gotten much response...

Good Morning All!

Looking for some help here. I started shooting IDPA and Action Pistol last year with an H&K VP9. I did really well, and fell in love with the sport. I'm looking to take things to the next level and get a new firearm specifically for competition. I had the opportunity to shoot the following last night: XDm 5.25 Comp, M&P Pro, Glock 34, Walther PPQ M2, Canik TP9SF and Sig P320x5. 

Out of those that I shot, I shot the Canik and Sig the best. They had the tightest groups and they both felt the best in my hand. I was really surprised at how well the Canik felt and especially how well it shot. It was extremely accurate! The Sig seemed to eat up the recoil much better, most likely due to the heftier weight.

Now it comes down to making a decision, and I'm really torn on which direction to go. The price point of the Canik is very tempting, considering that I can get the gun and an optic for about the same price as just the Sig alone. I will be adding an optic to whichever one I get. If I go with the Sig I'll be topping it with a Romeo 1, if I go with the Canik I'll be topping it with a Vortex Venom. Either will be a 6MOA. 

I'd appreciate feedback from those of you that have experience with both of these guns.

I have a canik tp9sfx and love it! I also have a Sig p320 x5 but have yet to use it. Both feel great in my hands.
Will post back after using both side by side.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

To my surprise the canik's run, never seen one go bad during a match.

Shot one quite a bit 4-500 rounds during two practice sessions with a friend.

I owned the sig 320rx and a Tanfo at the time.  Wasn't happy with  the Tanfo(mine always seem finicky with ammo) Probably my fault.

The SIG ran great didn't like the 3 moa dot it came with.  So was open to something new/different: which isn't unusual for me!!! Bad habit!!

I wound up putting a DPP on the RX and swapping the Tanfo for an X-5.

I split the 320, SA osp and the tanfo all about the same .017-.018 shooting A's.  So the weight wasn't a big deal for me.

With the 320 and SA I just have to be diligent with grip pressure.

The Canik is to small for my hand so those and the Walthers don't work for me.

with all the above said:  I suggest you go with the one that you like the feel of and the thought process of. Since you say you shoot them both the same.

I either case go with the SIG Romeo 1 6moa dot.

IMO it is currently the best dot out there for slide mount use.

FWIW

Things you hafta think about re: the Canik & the Sig
• Canik will have very limited aftermarket mods/upgrades
• In OEM form the X-Five doesn't have a provision for  BUIS. You can easily modify the RMR mill to accept Leupy DPP (which has an optional ADJUSTABLE BUIS) or a Vortex Venom.IMHO The Romeo 1 SUCKS.

In the end shoot what you can shoot best

6 hours ago, bossgvr4 said:

Things you hafta think about re: the Canik & the Sig
• Canik will have very limited aftermarket mods/upgrades
• In OEM form the X-Five doesn't have a provision for  BUIS. You can easily modify the RMR mill to accept Leupy DPP (which has an optional ADJUSTABLE BUIS) or a Vortex Venom.IMHO The Romeo 1 SUCKS.

In the end shoot what you can shoot best

Why do you say thr R1 sucks?  

18 minutes ago, aalbert said:

Those prices are below Wholesale of 30 days ago... Sounds like a hell of a time to buy a X5.

Close out sale for the new version to hit right after SHOT. 

I guess the question is whether the new version will be $150-250 better than the current one at close-out... Hopefully SHOT show will tell.

BTW I bought one for my 13yr old son, and so far he really likes it... Should be breaking him in on matches, in the coming months.

Edited by aalbert

13 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Close out sale for the new version to hit right after SHOT. 

Out with the old. In with the new.

I'm curious what the changes will be other than that the slide cut-out will allow Delta Point Pro mounting... I hope.

Edited by ddc
added wishful thinking

3 minutes ago, mich3210 said:

So do I wait to see what SHOT Show brings to the table for changes to the P320x5 or do I jump on the current version? I can get one for $689 + shipping and transfer fees from Guns Midwest

The old ones will only get cheaper after the new ones are out. I’d wait to see if prices drop, and what the new gun’s features actually are.

Gripes re: Romeo1

• not durable, ejecting brass damages the metal lens frame and even cracks the lens. Blah Blah Blah warranty, but you're you're stuck without a dot while it is in for warranty
• the rear sight notch is a damn joke. you can only do a lower 1/100th co-witness vs. I dunno a lower .1/3 and it is NOT adjustable
• threaded battery compartment, that's just begging to be stripped out.Top access latches are faster/better

Edited by bossgvr4

39 minutes ago, mich3210 said:

Based on this: 

And looking at the catalog: https://cloud.3dissue.com/184198/184677/215529/2019SIGSAUERCATALOG/index.html

There don't look to be any changes to the X-five.... wondering if I should just order one now and be done with it.

The new gun does not come with the magwell, frame wegith (both can be added) fiber optic sights, 21-round mags (the new one comes with 17-round mags) or slide cuts. However, the rear sight stays on if you install a red dot sight.... Same basic gun just some tweaks to appeal to a broader market than just gamers IMHO.

Addressing the OP.. I have a VP9, an X-five and I have owned multiple 320's in the past... the X-five is a target machine. Very easy to shoot, very light recoil, super accurate, etc. the VP9 is a fantastic gun but I the X-five is just set up as a target gun and does that job a bit better.

49 minutes ago, S391 said:

The new gun does not come with the magwell, frame wegith (both can be added) fiber optic sights, 21-round mags (the new one comes with 17-round mags) or slide cuts. However, the rear sight stays on if you install a red dot sight.... Same basic gun just some tweaks to appeal to a broader market than just gamers IMHO.

Addressing the OP.. I have a VP9, an X-five and I have owned multiple 320's in the past... the X-five is a target machine. Very easy to shoot, very light recoil, super accurate, etc. the VP9 is a fantastic gun but I the X-five is just set up as a target gun and does that job a bit better.

A "target machine" is what I'm looking for. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger (pun intended) on a new X-Five from Guns Midwest. They seem to have the best price... $703.95 including shipping!

I really like the price point of the Canik TP9SFx, but I can't seem to source one in FDE with 10-round mags.