Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 mag identification

muncie21

Received  this mag along with a used Edge I picked up recently. 

I have not seen this design mag body before so more of a curiosity than anything else, wanting to learn a bit more about it.

IMG_0280.jpg.0a0721d7fbeb85b0c53298082d3871e7.jpg

Edited by muncie21

57 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Received  this mag along with a used Edge I picked up recently. 

I have not seen this design mag body before so more of a curiosity than anything else, wanting to learn a bit more about it.

IMG_0280.jpg.0a0721d7fbeb85b0c53298082d3871e7.jpg

That mag comes from a company in Kentucky. Think they are long gone now. Shooters Connection used to sell them. They were bead blasted to a dull finish slit up the side and tuned. Sorry don’t remember the name

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

That mag comes from a company in Kentucky. Think they are long gone now. Shooters Connection used to sell them. They were bead blasted to a dull finish slit up the side and tuned. Sorry don’t remember the name

I think you're on the right track Sarge.  Hard to tell from the pic, but the mag body is indeed a dull, matte finish as compared to standard STI mags.  Thanks for the insight!

Here's a picture of this mag next to a 'standard' STI

IMG_0281.jpg.b0b18882eddb3dc83dfae34d4ece8c93.jpg

Edited by muncie21
Added pic

Sarge is definitely correct. But could've been done by anybody with the most basic manual machine as well. Local guy did some of his that way and then let me do a few of mine too.

There was the shop that Sarge mentioned putting these type mags out, but I think they got out of it...

2 hours ago, wgj3 said:

Sarge is definitely correct. But could've been done by anybody with the most basic manual machine as well. Local guy did some of his that way and then let me do a few of mine too.

There was the shop that Sarge mentioned putting these type mags out, but I think they got out of it...

Yeah, the company was mostly a tactical oriented shop if I remember. They were a sponsor for either a KY Sectional or the battle in the Blue Grass some years back and had these for sale and on display. Then SC started selling them. This was during the Mike Foley years at SC. Damn, I can remember everything but the name of the company. LOL

I also remember some had concerns the Open sides would attract too much dirt and many got turned off by that.