Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirt-cheap Non-plastic Limited Gun!

Carmoney

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for Carmoney if he is still reading;

How has the gun held up since you started this thread??

I am thinking about one mainly as a cheap 1911 in 9mm for a range toy for the collection. If it ran well I would probably slowly build it up for a limited gun. Because of the price I don't expect much but is it worth using as a base gun to build up or does it wear and develop problems quickly?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I just happened to catch this ancient thread coming back from the dead.

Lubecktech, I can't really answer your question all that accurately, because I simply haven't shot the gun all that much. After installing fiber optic front sights on both top ends (after the pics below were taken), I shot a couple matches with the rig and pretty much put it away in the safe, where it still sits today. Sam went through Manny's class with it a few years back--the stock firing pin somehow got bent (?) but that was an easy fix and otherwise the gun did fine. I've been so focused on other platforms (mostly revolver, although I enjoy Production and Single-Stack also) that I haven't had much need to shoot any of my wide-body 1911s.

I still think the Armscor wide-body guns are a neat option if you can find them. The stock internal parts are nothing special, but the major components seem to be just fine. Keep in mind that STI's Spartan pistols (which have been highly touted by many shooters here on BE) feature frames and slides made in the Philippines by Armscor.

Bottom line, my "Filipino Fantom" is a gun I plan to keep. :D

post-4033-0-22510900-1318424380_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-62432300-1318424392_thumb.jp

Edited by Carmoney