Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New-ish IPSC Production shooter - Great White North

RufusParnell

Happy to have found the forum. Started shooting pistol about a year ago and thought I would give competition a try. Shot a L2 & L3 match in Alberta over the summer, SLOWLY...but accurately, and safely. 

Our winter league nights have started up, and I'm starting to pick up the pace, shoot on the move, and podium weekly.

I run 147g polycoats in a Shadow 2 @ 930fps, loading on a Square Deal B.

Set a few goals for 2019, I'd like to see a Production stage win, match wins in B class, and finish the year in A. I have a GM I watch closely and I've been shooting 60-73% over the last few weeks. 

I was recently gifted Dryfire Reloaded, and a timer, looking forward to reading more about dry/live training tips, and pushing this season pretty hard.

21 hours ago, RufusParnell said:

I run 147g polycoats in a Shadow 2 @ 930fps, loading on a Square Deal B.

I was recently gifted Dryfire Reloaded, and a timer, looking forward to reading more about dry/live training tips, and pushing this season pretty hard.

Rufus,

Welcome to the forum! I really like what I am hearing. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Dry fire is going to help you out a lot! Glad to hear you got started out the right way!

Thanks. I found a good post on CZ75 tear down, and jumped in. Pretty straightforward, I shouldn’t have been so hesitant. I started with my “backup/wife’s” pistol, just to get my feet wet. I can’t upload photos due to size, but I’ve got a Shadowline for her that’s now freshly detail stripped and cleaned. 

3 hours ago, RufusParnell said:

Thanks. I found a good post on CZ75 tear down, and jumped in. Pretty straightforward, I shouldn’t have been so hesitant. I started with my “backup/wife’s” pistol, just to get my feet wet. I can’t upload photos due to size, but I’ve got a Shadowline for her that’s now freshly detail stripped and cleaned. 

If you download the app taptalk, you should be able to upload photos. This is the easiest way I have found to do it.

14 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

If you download the app taptalk, you should be able to upload photos. This is the easiest way I have found to do it.

You don't need to download tapatalk. Just go to the top right corner of your phone (the 3 dots), hit that, scroll down and click on "desk top site".

• 3 months later...

Been awhile since I've cruised the forum, it looks like I'm going to adjust some of my years goals. 

Shot my third match and had an awesome (lucky?) day. Won C division (and beat everyone in A & B). Had a stage win on the longest course of the day, and shot 88% of the GM who won. Going to be a fun season. Planning to be competitive in A class before Provincial finals now. 

Snip20190224_1.png