Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

24c help!!

So talked myself into one of these $200+ units because my last trigger wasn’t 100%. I’m having issues. Not sure if trigger is out of spec, lower is out of spec, or if I’m doing something wrong....

When I install the trigger and hammer, I get a decent 4# trigger. However when I install either of the spring sets on the fork, it goes to 8# and super gritty. It feels like something is rubbing once I put the extra tension in it with the springs. 

Kind if frustrated as I ruined my ambi safety getting it out to even install this unit.  $200 trigger I can’t use and a $70 jp safety I had to remove with a cut wheel. Pretty epic weekend of making my gun “better”.

Doe the trigger function normally other than the grit/weight? i.e. does it reset correctly? I had a clearance issue on the bottom-rear of the trigger portion that presented the same symptoms. Sanded it for clearance and worked fine. 

Also be VERY SURE you followed the instructions about how/where the safety should be installed BEFORE installing the trigger and hammer. It will also present symptoms similar to what you're showing. 

6 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

Also be VERY SURE you followed the instructions about how/where the safety should be installed BEFORE installing the trigger and hammer. It will also present symptoms similar to what you're showing. 

That was indeed the issue. I am about to read the instructions again. I saw no mention of the selector but I’m sure it’s there as it was indeed the issue

Hiperfire states the 24c is very particular about which safeties will and will not work with their trigger.

I can’t tell from reading your post which safety you ended up going with after ruining the JP. Maybe I missed it.

I don’t remember exactly where it was but if you search it up (as my son says) there is a list of which safeties will and will not work with the 24c.

I have used both the Joe Bob’s regular and short throw ambi safety with success as they are modeled after the milspec safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Hiperfire states the 24c is very particular about which safeties will and will not work with their trigger.

I can’t tell from reading your post which safety you ended up going with after ruining the JP. Maybe I missed it.

I don’t remember exactly where it was but if you search it up (as my son says) there is a list of which safeties will and will not work with the 24c.

I have used both the Joe Bob’s regular and short throw ambi safety with success as they are modeled after the milspec safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. I’m putting a standard milspec in until I can get another adjustable jp unit.