Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Question with a Twist

Adamj

To set the stage my main game is 3-Gun and I also shoot USPSA to improve my pistol skills. I am about to order an Atlas Chaos and need some magazine advice. 

I have the opportunity to purchase a custom 40 round magazine that I want to use in outlaw 3-Gun matches. My choice is either get 3 170mm mags from Atlas or sacrifice two of those for the custom mag. I have four 140 mm mags already. 

1) Can I get by with one 170mm starting out in Open for both USPSA and 3-Gun?

2) Will saving a reload on a pistol array same me that much time?

Also interested in any other opinion. 

To set the stage my main game is 3-Gun and I also shoot USPSA to improve my pistol skills. I am about to order an Atlas Chaos and need some magazine advice. 

I have the opportunity to purchase a custom 40 round magazine that I want to use in outlaw 3-Gun matches. My choice is either get 3 170mm mags from Atlas or sacrifice two of those for the custom mag. I have four 140 mm mags already. 

1) Can I get by with one 170mm starting out in Open for both USPSA and 3-Gun?
2) Will saving a reload on a pistol array same me that much time?

Also interested in any other opinion. 
one 170mm for uspsa is usually more than enough. Start with your 140mm and then finish with the 170 on most stages or vice versa depending on stage design

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rnlinebacker said:

one 170mm for uspsa is usually more than enough. Start with your 140mm and then finish with the 170 on most stages or vice versa depending on stage design

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That, except for the occasional off the wall 50 round stage I have never used 2 170s. 

Submitted an order for a Chaos and only one 170mm mag. I think I will just run the 170 supplemented by my other 140s and occassionally use the 40 round mag in outlaw 3-Gun matches. Here is a picture of the  custom magazine. I like the idea of pushing the limits of Open. 

107401.jpeg