Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first Hard as Hell 3gun, where to stay and other questions

I'll be traveling to Hard as Hell at the SUPS range in a month and I've never been, I'm looking for info/recommendations on where to stay, basically where's the party after shooting is over!

I'll be traveling alone so if anyone is looking to fill an extra bed at their hotel and save some travel money I'm all ears.

What have you done in the past for shipping ammo to the match and/or purchasing ammo semi locally? 

-David 

i just spent a week in St. George. We stayed at the Hyatt Place, I think it was exit 5 near the convention center. Great place, has a little bar. The Holiday next door has a great burger restaurant in it. As far as the party, I never found it. Mormon country! But, it's only 2 hours back to Vegas!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at America's Best Inn & Suites in St George in April, 2 x rooms for 11 nights came to US$1,700 incl tax. Nearby restaurants are within walking distance, loads of car parking space and very close to on/off ramps. Driving to SUPS was very easy, encountered zero traffic problems or delays. There's no food, etc at the range, closest is WalMart Supercentre off W State St with Subway, etc, it's less than a 10 minute drive.

Ammo we picked up a lot in Vegas at Ventura Ammunitions, as well as some pistol stuff from JJ's shop Magnus Sports. And some 9mm from a shop off close to Red Cliffs Mall in St George (can't remember the name) but it was $169/1000 for 9mm 115gr RN. 

Edited by Kiwishoot
spelling