Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting Tanfo K9 Magazines to 10 rounds

RGC

I have a number of K9s and am wondering how easy it would be to pin or stamp them to accept 10 rounds only?  I know I buy them stamped to 10 rounds, but since I have them already and have a plethora of them, was wondering how easy (and reliable) this could be.  Anybody done this to a K9?  Obviously for production division use.

You might have an easier time putting a dowel inside the spring; pinning or stamping would likely require a good machine shop.  You might have to round the end of the dowels to prevent them catching a coil, but that's probably as advanced as you need to get.  A sheet of medium grit sandpaper and a fine saw would be all that's needed.

Common to place a rivet just long enough to stop follower at the proper spot. But allow the spring to work correctly and to be able to disassemble.

Seen lots of our friends to the north do it

Wanted to do something a little more permanent.  I am Canadian and do shoot back there on occasion, where mags are 10 round max.  So like I was saying, since I had extras was just feeling out if there was an easy solution.  I will just sell 6 of them and buy 6 10 rounders already stamped I guess.