Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Station 1 Issue – Case Not Inserted in Shellpate

I just spent some time searching and did not find an answer to this one. More than likely it is here but I could not think of a search term. Anyway….

I just converted my 650 from 40 S&W to 9mm. Therefore, it was just apart and fully cleaned. The issue is that more times than it should the case is riding over the slot in the Station 1 Locator and does not ending up in the slot on the Shellplate. Sometimes only one side goes into the slot which also causes a misfeed into the shellplate. This creates all kinds of havoc when the handle is pulled to size the case. I called Dillon and they suggested grease under the Locator which I tried. For testing I removed the Dieplate tool head so I could just watch the brass feed through the machine. I am still having the issue. It is almost like the brass sticks to the Locator and when it frees up it shoots too fast and misses the slot. I then polished the base area of the Locator and this did not help either.

HELP

apply a light coating of grease to the underside of the station 1 locator. This acts to dampen vibration when cases land on the platform. Did you change the aluminum case feed body bushing from the medium one used for 40 S&W to the small one? Same for the case feed arm bushing, it is green for 9mm.

1 hour ago, dillon said:

apply a light coating of grease to the underside of the station 1 locator. This acts to dampen vibration when cases land on the platform. Did you change the aluminum case feed body bushing from the medium one used for 40 S&W to the small one? Same for the case feed arm bushing, it is green for 9mm.

Thanks yes I have tried grease and all of the correct  parts where changed out. Next I will try the dry silicon spray as suggested above.

Look for some debris under the locator, such as pieces of corn cob media. I have that occasional problem, when a piece of media is stuck in the primer pocket. It dislodges when the case is dropped onto the locator. Then that little piece prevents the case from being pushed into the shell plate.