Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC loads....fast/light vs. heavy/slow

12 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Agreed.  Having said that, my 115’s doing 1100 have never had a problem with the timer, at least in Steel Challenge.  They’re really the way to go, at least for me.  

I just chrono checked 3 different loads tonight. 3.0gr Clays, 4.0 Universal, 4.5 of IMR 4756. 115gr RN bullet from Xtreme.

Have to up the IMR a half grain, down with the Universal a half grain and the 3.0 of Clays was perfect, 5 rounds were between 1080 and 1110.

Gonna tweak the tweakable and load 10 with the Clays and really focus on dot and recoil.

Edited by SJMPCC022
add content
15 hours ago, Sarge said:

I shot some 9MAJOR out of mine and it’s almost punishing by PCC standards.

I checked some of my reloads that were SUPPOSED to be a 115gr RN traveling along at 1120fps.

Out of a handgun, yep. Out of a PCC, 1380fps!

That is almost major, a bit under a 159pf. I agree 100%, it was punishing when compared to proper velocity loads, 130-135pf.

1 hour ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I just chrono checked 3 different loads tonight. 3.0gr Clays, 4.0 Universal, 4.5 of IMR 4756. 115gr RN bullet from Xtreme.

Have to up the IMR a half grain, down with the Universal a half grain and the 3.0 of Clays was perfect, 5 rounds were between 1080 and 1110.

Gonna tweak the tweakable and load 10 with the Clays and really focus on dot and recoil.

You got me curious so I pulled my data.  3.85 gr of Tite Group under 115 gr Zero JHP does 1103 average (126 pf) out of my 1911 and 1169 average out of my TACCOM PCC for 133pf. I like it.  

1 minute ago, jkrispies said:

You got me curious so I pulled my data.  3.85 gr of Tite Group under 115 gr Zero JHP does 1103 average (126 pf) out of my 1911 and 1169 average out of my TACCOM PCC for 133pf. I like it.  

I wish my stuff was that close !

I just finished up 1000 rounds of hand loaded ammo I thought was great until I got my chrono out of the closet and actually used it again.

I posted a bunch of data on the JP short stroke thread last weekend with my findings. My loads through the PCC were 200 to almost 300 fps faster than published. I also took my M&P to verify.

What I thought were nice rounds were actually much faster and more punishing ( read felt recoil and dot movement) than necessary.

When I first started my PCC journey this last March I worked up a few loads with different weight bullets and Titegroup. I found it to be very consistent round to round but noticeably snappy.

1 hour ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I wish my stuff was that close !

I just finished up 1000 rounds of hand loaded ammo I thought was great until I got my chrono out of the closet and actually used it again.

I posted a bunch of data on the JP short stroke thread last weekend with my findings. My loads through the PCC were 200 to almost 300 fps faster than published. I also took my M&P to verify.

What I thought were nice rounds were actually much faster and more punishing ( read felt recoil and dot movement) than necessary.

When I first started my PCC journey this last March I worked up a few loads with different weight bullets and Titegroup. I found it to be very consistent round to round but noticeably snappy.

Mine are closer because there’s only 1/2” difference in barrel length.  Based on that measure, if you think about it, they should be closer which makes me believe that the TACCOM barrel runs a little fast.  The 1911 barrel is a new Bar-Sto which wouldn’t be slow. 

9 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

Mine are closer because there’s only 1/2” difference in barrel length.  Based on that measure, if you think about it, they should be closer which makes me believe that the TACCOM barrel runs a little fast.  The 1911 barrel is a new Bar-Sto which wouldn’t be slow. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, makes sense now !

I thought maybe you were one of the guys who physics didn't apply to, I get it !

Thanks for the good info !