Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

czechmate recoil spring

Combat_Barbie

On 8/16/2018 at 11:33 AM, Combat_Barbie said:

Hi all,

I just got cz czechmate 9mm.

Anyone know where I can order 8 or 9lb recoil spring? I was check wolff but I don't know which one can fit 

czechmate 9mm. thanks for help!?

Get the full size spring for your Czech mate.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, choke39 said:

Does anyone know what recoil spring comes from the factory for a czechmate.     it  feels rather stiff but I have never seen the poundage listed.

I’ve been told it comes with a 14 lb spring. May I ask why you are looking for a lighter spring? I grabbed a couple of spare springs from cz custom in case I needed to run them for factory 9 minor ammo. I believe they are 11 and 12 lb. haven’t had the need to change to them yet though since my czechmate runs wwb and freedom new 9mm well. The spent cases kinda just trickle out of the gun though but still cycles just fine. And runs great with 9 major 

CZ-USA now lists a Cmate recoil spring (Part: 10911291), I have heard it's anywhere from 14-16 Lbs. I personally run a 10# in my gun, I tried a 9# and like Honkey stated, I had issues with the slide returning to battery.

Does everyone find that their gun is noticeably softer shooting with the lighter spring?The consensus seems to be that the czechmate is not totally reliable with a spring less than 10lb.Sounds like a 11lb. might be a safe compromise.

I have 2 Czechmates.  The stock recoil spring was 14# in both of them.  I have since done a lot of testing and settled on a 9# recoil spring.  Have not had any issues with either gun going back in to battery.  Also have two other guys I shoot with using Czechmates and both run 9# springs as well with no issues. 

Do you find that your czechmate is noticeably softer shooting with the 9lb. spring than with the stock 14lb. My gun runs fine with the stock spring but I would like less dot rise.I know that this depends on other variables especially load but was wondering if the lighter spring will help significantly.Thanks for all the help.

Hi all,

I just got cz czechmate 9mm.
Anyone know where I can order 8 or 9lb recoil spring? I was check wolff but I don't know which one can fit 
czechmate 9mm. thanks for help![emoji3]
To answer original question, the Czechmate takes full size CZ recoil springs and is noted to be rated at 14 lbs. They can be bought at the usual players; CZC, CGW, Wolff, CZ USA, and I'm sure there are others.

It strongly depends on ammo, but 8lbs is light for major power factor. I've experimented down to 9 lbs for major and anything less doesn't seem like there would be anymore benefit for the wear and abuse it would take. 9 lbs and I can hear metal clacking. Again, depends on ammo load!
I've settled on 10 lbs, btw.

My Czechmate shoots factory ammo in stock configuration but just burbles the shells at ejection. Changed back to the 10 lbs recoil spring and factory ammo runs like a champ.

YMMV, but it's all about ammo being used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, choke39 said:

Do you find that your czechmate is noticeably softer shooting with the 9lb. spring than with the stock 14lb. My gun runs fine with the stock spring but I would like less dot rise.I know that this depends on other variables especially load but was wondering if the lighter spring will help significantly.Thanks for all the help.

No, I would not say that it shoots softer with the lighter recoil spring.  I would say there is less dot movement throughout the recoil cycle with the lighter spring. Especially on the return to battery.  With the factory spring I found the dot dipping down as the gun came back in to battery.  Thus I went with a lighter spring.  A lot of what you choose to run for a spring, how "flat" the gun shoots etc. is very much based on the load you are running in the gun, and where you feel you are getting the most optimal performance out of the gun.  I don't believe there is one right answer and what works in one gun will not always work in another.  Just my two cents worth after spending a number of years at this and lots of testing.