Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good/legal Xd Mag Pouch

JP.308

I use Fobus and Uncle Mikes pouches, they must cover at least 2" of the magazine, however there is no rule against using your back pocket to hold them or if you're using a vest for concelment, one of the vest pockets.

Bruce

I just ordered one from Blade Tech last night - they say it should get to me on Thursday or Friday. Hopefully it will - my brother and I both have XD40s and are planning on shooting in Ripon for the first time on Saturday.

I've read the whole rule book - one question though. What is required in terms of concealment as far as what you wear for a shirt or jacket? Is the gun required to be concealed at all times and drawn from concealment?

Thanks!

Concealment garment, in matches I run anyhow, can be jacket, vest or shirt. This time of year I try not to require concealment in our Alabama heat/humidity, I run more standards and off body retrieval COF's. Anyhow, to more precisely answer your question make sure whatever you wear is long enough to cover the holster. A cheap tropical pattern shirt does very well in the summer. Practice your drawstroke from concealment at home Thursday and Friday night before the match. Keep your thumb flagged, like a hitchhiker, and pull your strong hand back just under your pectoral muscle to move the shirt away from the gun for a clean draw. That's a more economical move than trying to throw the shirt away from the gun and then draw.

Hope ya'll have fun.

Thanks - I am from Wisconsin and I just read Rick's reply under a different thread:

Wisconsin doesn't have a concealed carry law and therefore we are not required to shoot from concealment in the state.

Thanks again

Jp