Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like you're having a LOT more fun than if you were at a local range    :)

Didja get to shoot any matches in Italy ?

Hi Jack,

No this was a family thing, we're older adoptive parents and our baby is now 15 so we're trying to get as much memory time as we can, did the important culture/tourist sights. I never saw most of it before either. It's like living near Niagara Falls and not going. 

I worked in Europe for a spell and have stayed in smaller villages for weeks. In the future (like when she moves away) I'd like to go to explore Northern Italy and see if Beretta and the other fancy shotgun factories do tours/trap shooting. I hate trap shooting but I'd make an exception ? There are also guided boar hunts that aren't crazy expensive but sound like a lot of fun, in fact they eat a lot of boar and it's tasty. All the food in Italy tastes better, no kidding. 

If I were a higher level shooter I'd love to shoot a match over there but the hassles involved are pretty off-putting. I live 90 minutes from Canada but I'm not trying to shoot there either, just not worth it to me. 

~~~

Saw a lot of SCARs with the military in the more secure areas. Their vehicles are really nice too, very rugged looking. Nice gear all around although I don't think the feathers are all that practical. 

Edited by Frankly

The cheerful people in camo are a bit too camo for police. The Cappello hats identifies them as Alpini (mountain troops). The guy on the left has a badge that looks like he is artillery, and some higher rank than the rest.

2 hours ago, perttime said:

The cheerful people in camo are a bit too camo for police. The Cappello hats identifies them as Alpini (mountain troops). The guy on the left has a badge that looks like he is artillery, and some higher rank than the rest.

Yeah they were doing security at the Duomo in Milan. The big churches and squares had a military presence beyond the police, sorry for not clarifying. The Vatican has the Swiss Guards of course. 

While the uniforms are a bit flamboyant and the laughing photos counterdicts, they all looked and acted serious and professional... I just catch them when they are unguarded. 

Edited by Frankly