Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Points

I just got into Nationals with 8 points.  Talked to a buddy that got in with 7.  I'm curious what the lowest number of points required to get into nationals was.  Does anyone else have any data points.

That's a good data point.  I wonder if since you didn't get a dump notice you may have gotten in through random draw, but they have not told you yet?  Has anyone received notice that they got in through random draw?

Well lo and behold, I am in with six. 

I posted on IDPA FB that I had not gotten a notice and somebody at HQ said I was on the event list.  I looked on the site and sure enough, I am.

ETA:  I phoned and got them to resend notice with correct e-dress.  Allison there told me that I got in on the random draw of those lacking 7+ points. 

Kind of a hollow victory, two of the four from here are relatively new shooters and I was looking forward to taking them to their first Nationals.  I went to the first ten Nationals, only dropping out when it moved out of the South.  Now it is back and I wanted to show them the top of the game.

Edited by Jim Watson

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

We low points/draw entrants did not get to squad until today, high point count was Monday, medium point count was Wednesday. 

So by today, the only openings were for all 18 stages on Thursday, no Friday-Saturday slots left. 

I doubt I am physically able to shoot 18 stages in one day, and it wouldn't have been fun the best day I ever had.  I never shot in one day those first ten Nats, and that was 20 years ago.

So I scratched. 

Here's where it got weird.  One of my 6 point friends was almost immediately notified of a sudden vacancy. 

Will she tough it out?  We shall see, last I heard was "Got to get out of the library with the Grands so I can THINK!"