Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M3K, I lost the trigger pin d-clip!!!

Cavediver

Help! Last night while replacing some Springs in the trigger housing, I managed to lose the trigger pin D clip from my Stoeger m3k. I ordered replacement parts, but I have a match this weekend. Is there a reasonable temporary fix for this, or am I SOL?

Okay, lose isn't quite the correct word. While disassembling the housing (inside of a gallon bag), I made a poor choice in the direction in which I removed that clip. It shot past my ear at about mach3, and is now hidden somewhere in the cobwebs and dust on my basement floor...  I bent up a temporary clip from another spring, but it does not act as a detent for the pin, and I also have doubts about its ability to stay in place after more than a couple of rounds are fired.

If its the clip i'm thinking of, it holds the trigger pin in the gun.  I lost it during a match and had my entire trigger group fall out during a match. I  ended up using a target paster over the trigger pins to keep them in place.  It worked!  Use some duct tape (small pieces) to cover the trigger pins.  I ended up calling Stoeger, they sent me like 4 of them.

That's the one! Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll give that a try this evening while I'm practicing! Thanks!

ETA:  This worked just fine for about 100 shells today, nothe a single problem.   Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Cavediver

5 hours ago, stick said:

If its the clip i'm thinking of, it holds the trigger pin in the gun.  I lost it during a match and had my entire trigger group fall out during a match. I  ended up using a target paster over the trigger pins to keep them in place.  It worked!  Use some duct tape (small pieces) to cover the trigger pins.  I ended up calling Stoeger, they sent me like 4 of them.

Thats funny, a buddy of mine has the exact same story, right down to the paster trick.

55 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

Thats funny, a buddy of mine has the exact same story, right down to the paster trick.

I thought i had a video of it.  I was in the middle of a 40 round shotgun only stage and the entire trigger group fell out of the gun along with the 12 rounds i had in the tube.  I managed to find all the pieces except the d clip and reassembly the gun.  The pasters worked great!