Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 Feed Problem

loaded605

I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out myself. Same issue, using 200g blue bullets.  I took my mags apart and cleaned them and lightly lubed the inside with ballistol and everything ran great for 200~ rounds then it started again, FTF with the nose of the bullet in the mag still. 

So switching to a non polymer coated bullet fixed your issue and matching your followers with your mags helped as well?

I have contradicted myself throughout this thread. It’s become sort of a narrative of my learning process with this issue.

I just shot Area 3 (400+ rounds) and did not have this malfunction. I had one get FTF that didn’t go into the chamber but was unrelated to this nose dive in the mag issue.

After battling it mildly off and on all season what I can officially say definitively is:

-Brush out mags if they hit the ground. Always.

-Happens less with copper, but would still happen occasionally. Blue Bullets was NOT primary culprit but could be a contributing factor. I still use them for practice. Did not have this malfunction in practice with Blue bullets the day before the match.

- Smack rounds to back of magazine every 5-10 rounds when loading mags.

-Make sure followers match mag bodies

-OAL did not seem to matter. 1.125, 1.130, 1.135, all lengths would nose dive.

If you do all of these things it will greatly minimize the issue. Again this is only with the TTI mag extensions. I don’t think this particular model was part of the issue. I’m going to try some of the Dawson extensions too and see how they work.

I as well have TTI mag extensions. What bothers me is that I shoot mostly indoor matches, so I’m not as worried about debris in my mags. I will try hitting the back of the mag every 5-10 rounds to make sure they are seated to the back of the mag. Thanks. Keep this tread updated if we find anything else. It’s like chasing a ghost lol

Have you considered trying one of the newer on the market factory 22 round magazines with your blue bullets?

Glock should have the right spring for the extra capacity magazine already worked out, so that should test your blue bullets.

These magazines are also way cheaper than a standard capacity with a +5 extension.

I tried the 33 round magazine xtra power springs from Wolf and cut them to fit 19 rounds with the TTI 140mm basepad.  When I push the follower down it feels much stronger than the springs that came with the basepad.  This might help but I haven't tested it out yet.

3 hours ago, war_material said:

I tried the 33 round magazine xtra power springs from Wolf and cut them to fit 19 rounds with the TTI 140mm basepad.  When I push the follower down it feels much stronger than the springs that came with the basepad.  This might help but I haven't tested it out yet.

Thats a 9mm mag though. This problem is pretty specific for 40s&w mags. I've never had a problem of any kind with 9mm and TTI basepads on my G34. Friend has the new +10 on a 31 round body and it works fine on his PCC.

I ordered new springs from TTI before Area 3 and that was probably the most important factor in the rounds not nose diving, but other factors also seemed to show up. After the new springs I could not get 20 rounds in a mag, only 19. Not a big deal though.

31 minutes ago, loaded605 said:

Thats a 9mm mag though. This problem is pretty specific for 40s&w mags. I've never had a problem of any kind with 9mm and TTI basepads on my G34. Friend has the new +10 on a 31 round body and it works fine on his PCC.

I ordered new springs from TTI before Area 3 and that was probably the most important factor in the rounds not nose diving, but other factors also seemed to show up. After the new springs I could not get 20 rounds in a mag, only 19. Not a big deal though.

yeah I did this to my 40sw mags.  When i push the follower down it feels much stronger but yeah I can only put 19 in the mag.  I still need to go test it out but I have a feeling they were nose diving because of weaker springs.

1 minute ago, war_material said:

yeah I did this to my 40sw mags.  When i push the follower down it feels much stronger but yeah I can only put 19 in the mag.  I still need to go test it out but I have a feeling they were nose diving because of weaker springs.

Oh, gotcha... I misunderstood. 

1 hour ago, loaded605 said:

Oh, gotcha... I misunderstood. 

Yup I am hoping it works out but I am currently shooting CO with my G34 so limited is kinda on the backburner for now.  I hope the springs were the case though, seems like the other ones work very good for 9mm but for 200gr Blue Bullets they didn't have enough umph to push them up fast enough.

I replaced springs as well from the ones that come with the TTI extensions to the 140mm springs by ISMI off Ben stoeger’s site.  At first I didn’t have the issue then then 200 rounds later it resurfaced. ??‍♂️

Edited by Heatstroke18