Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First range trip w/Ruger PC **video**

So I had some free time this morning to load up the new Ruger PC and head to the range.

Started out by sighting in the Vortex red dot. First round was pretty darn close. Only took a few more shots to get it zeroed.

Next I set up two plate racks and tried doing some reloads while on the clock.

I think with some practice, it will be pretty fast to reload this rig.

The rig ran flawlessly with WWB. I only had time to shoot a few mags, but so far so good.

I will be using this rig this weekend for a USPSA match so that will be a good test for it...and me.

Here is a video of the range trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3qe9H6gPQ

Edited by BigBamBoo
7 hours ago, Frozen said:

Good morning, how much dot movement with that allchin muzzle break(comp)? I really want to shoot a pcc in steel Challenge this is the set up (ruger) I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see in the video, I only shot the rig briefly. But it shots pretty flat. Not sure how much a brake helps on a 16” barreled 9mm shooting minor PF ammo. I’m thinking not much to none.

I mostly put it on to help the shot timer pick up the shots.

it will take me more time with it to really judge dot movement. I am shooting it this weekend in a USPSA match with only what you see in the video as trigger time with it.

My Ruger PC Carbine is set up pretty much the same...I left the bolt handle & the stock alone...Allchin comp works good as you can seen in the video, the gun stays flat & you can see the direction of the charge. I stuck two Beretta cheek pads together & it's high enough to work with the old CMore...Magwell works perfect, I left the big button off and just use the extended release that it is attached to. I found it easy to bump that big button accidentally and it works the same way without it. I shoot mostly steel now as I'm 72 & don"t move so well any more (elderly class ) but the reflexes are still good and I really like this carbine...got me to A class after two steel challenge matches. There are a few videos that show how capable the Ruger is & like Taran Butler said...you can't beat it for the price.