Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 mag questions and issue

NHGunowner

On 5/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, uewpew said:

I had a similar issue with a new S2.  I pulled out the S2 mag catch spring and bend it inwards just a bit, which helped with the scraping/draging.  I also run the wolff +10% with springer pads.  since making these two changes, mag drops are nice and consistent.  

On 5/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, robert.a.brewer. said:

This^^. I think this may be a common problem, if I remember correctly.

Yes, I also felt this spring tension may have been a bit excessive. I thought about/almost gave it a little tweak. While the gun was fully apart I took the time to thoroughly polish everything. I worked the mag button and it's bore just a little. Mags drop are nice and clean now and also the button a bit softer and smoother. It ran great at the range. 

I appreciate the opinions on the auto forward.

I'm not relying on and, and actually would rather not. It's a product of how I mag seat. 

Like slavex, I send it. I've always been taught the #1 cause of malfunction is a poorly seated mag. 

Seems unlikely I'm gonna drill that reflex out of me. Under duress (slide lock with timer running!) I believe I'd revert back to mag slammer.

10 hours ago, NHGunowner said:

Like slavex, I send it. I've always been taught the #1 cause of malfunction is a poorly seated mag. 

Seems unlikely I'm gonna drill that reflex out of me. Under duress (slide lock with timer running!) I believe I'd revert back to mag slammer.

I don't think you will have an issue with CZ's (at least I never did). With Tanfo's being a mag slammer at slide lock can end up making you the guy that was having a good match and then really screwed the pooch on 1 stage. 

Under duress, it is still very easy to remember after it has bitten you once, sticks in your mind almost as well as a dq.