Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Run n Gun with PCC ?

I'm only aware of 1 RnG match that allows PCC. But there are still shots out to 250-300yds, so the PCC'ers are going in knowing that they probably aren't gonna get hits on the longer range targets.

I'm pretty dedicated to RnG's but I'm not aware of any night matches. And RnG matches are mentally taxing enough already. Most of the competitors are casual shooters at best and these matches tend to push people to their limits. Adding the complexity of darkness would be a very serious undertaking from a safety perspective. Imagine all these things: RO's having to clear rifles on every stage by flashlight, competitors moving on wet, uneven, muddy terrain in the darkness while already being exhausted carrying loaded guns with tuned competition triggers, runners losing the trail and getting lost in the middle of the night, or worse, running into a hot zone, etc.

I don't see it being feasible. That said, I would love to do a night match. If you want to organize one, I'm sure it will sell out.

Here we do RnG matches "cold range" RO's & most shooters are familiar with that, so really just adding the dark factor.
I actually just competed in one last weekend, a small group/trial run. Went very well, figured out a few things to improve upon.

It was a ton of fun.

Years ago before PCC came to be,  I went to one that is a 2-gun (Pistol & Rifle) in an indoor range.  Some guys were using AR9s.  You run a stage twice, first with the range lights on and the next with the range lights out.  You do need lights on your weapon.  It was a different experience when the lights are out.  They had this matches in the middle of the week and finish late.  I had to work the next day so I never got to do it again.         

3 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Don't believe I'd be interested in that !  Can't run far or fast anymore !   ?

Some of these hard core crazies are doing 20K RnG
For those metric challenged (me) about 12.5 miles carrying guns and ammo. 

Edited by toothandnail
1 hour ago, topgunpilot20 said:

I've done 4 run and gun matches, and all of them had a lot of targets well outside PCC range. I don't think it would be practical. 

The way we do it is. 

If you shoot PCC you take the penalty on the long range targets. It's the same for all PCC shooters doesn't affect their placement in their division, and, just as it would be if you chose that gun in a real SHTF scenario.  - There are advantages and disadvantages, you decide what's important to you.

I know many PCC guys think that's "unfair" cause they can't win HOA. Which everybody claims - "Doesn't matter".  LOL

I enjoyed the PCC night match - less gear to wrangle in the dark.?

I'm pretty sure I would have done better with my AR and 2011