Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Professional Vs Shooting Chrony Gamma

10ring

I had bad luck with the Shooting Chrony. Contrary to my previous opinion, I would never buy another. I worked up 15 different loads and then found out that it's off by 50fps. :wacko: I havn't used a Pact, but every one here loves them and Brian sells them.

2 CED's back to back with infra red setups in a box seem to be pretty popular at major matches.

Edited by .40AET

I've been using a shooting chrony (beta master) for 3-4 years to chono my loads, and those of my shooting partners.

At major matches, I am consistently 3 fps different on my chrony than the stage chrono at the matches. At Area 8, I chrono'd at 136 indoors, 133 at the match....

I've had great success with it.

My shooting crony has a tendancy to indicate about 35 fps high. If you keep this in mind, it shouldn't be a hinderence. HOWEVER, I'll always check my load on one of our club members chrono (it is an older Pact and known to be accurate) to ensure making power factor.

Setup is probably the biggest error producer. Be consistant in your setup.

FWIW

dj

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up on this thread. I decided on a Pact Professional Model and noted it on my birthday wish list for my wife. I suggested she order through brianenos.com if she decided to get one of these for me. Well, she did order through be's site and received the unit in 3 days! Now that's service! Thanks Brian!