Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Hammer pins install

WxGuy

Folks,

I'm building my Shadow 2 CGW RRK kit with a new SS race hammer, full size strut, the new S2 disconnector, and the adjustable sear.  Do the CGW hammer pins (H-pin) require a vice to install?  Just want to here how y'all are doing this.  Pins and hammer are CGW.

Thanks.

Folks,

I'm building my Shadow 2 CGW RRK kit with a new SS race hammer, full size strut, the new S2 disconnector, and the adjustable sear.  Do the CGW hammer pins (H-pin) require a vice to install?  Just want to here how y'all are doing this.  Pins and hammer are CGW.

Thanks.

I found that a vise helps to create the gap needed to hammer out the old pins. You could use a punch block as well, but I found it too soft to make any effort to drive the pins out.

Installation wise, the Cajun Hammer Pins are slightly oversized and require a little effort to hammer but it went in, IIRC one side of the pin was tapered to aid in installation.

I didn't need to use a vise to install the H-pins from CGW into multiple factory hammers or multiple CGW disconnectors. I haven't needed to use anything other than a punch.

Getting factory pins out of the hammer is another story...

I just use either roll pin punches or pin punches to drive out the pins and a hockey puck as a bench block with drilled out holes for pin clearance. Heck, I've been known to use the duct tape roll as a bench block in the past.