Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ETG mags = no go

Not sure if this is where to post this topic, but I wanted to warn others about my experience with ETS. Their Glock magazines looked pretty appealing at $15 each. But these do not last. The quality of the sprigs causes them to need to be replaced very frequently (3 times in 18 mos). They also have some feeding issues in my PCC. 

the saying  “buy once cry once” definitely applies here. Hopefully this thread will keep someone from having the frustration I did. 

Edited by NickMcDonald9

I see you only have 8 posts and your bashing a company.  There are a lot of posts on this forum about these mags.  Maybe you should check them out first.  I have 7 for my g34 and they have been 100 %.  You can use aftermarket  springs and base pads, but not followers.  Maybe you should contact ETS, their customer service is great.  Just saying.

1 hour ago, rooster said:

I see you only have 8 posts and your bashing a company.  There are a lot of posts on this forum about these mags.  Maybe you should check them out first.  I have 7 for my g34 and they have been 100 %.  You can use aftermarket  springs and base pads, but not followers.  Maybe you should contact ETS, their customer service is great.  Just saying.

And I was watching an MBX video on PCC mags and he likes ETS mags because they are generally smoother with less excess flashing than Glock brand mags. I plan to try a few for my PCC

No PCC, but my CO gun has worked pretty well with the 22rnd. More reliable than my Magpuls at locking the slide back on empty, and no rounds cocking and jamming them.

Did have a follower break. 3 days for warranty replacement to arrive, I think that's pretty good service.

Springs are cheap. I had issues with their 140mm springs not lasting long at all, and their replacements weren’t any better. I stretched the springs and they seemed to last longer. I started replacing them with Wolff extra power springs.