Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock magazine issue

I have a Glock mag with a TF extension (42 capacity). Jams on the 1st or 2nd shot and when I only load 30-34 it cycles fine. I tried manual cycling with 42 rounds and it cycles fine. Hope someone can enlighten me lol this is my first build btw.

5 hours ago, Franimal said:

I have a Glock mag with a TF extension (42 capacity). Jams on the 1st or 2nd shot and when I only load 30-34 it cycles fine. I tried manual cycling with 42 rounds and it cycles fine. Hope someone can enlighten me lol this is my first build btw.

Typically caused by so much mag spring tension that the bullets are nosing up.  Are you using a round nose bullet profile?

Hello: The transition from the base pad to the magazine has a rough spot causing the rounds to jam when fully loaded. Chamfer the bottom of the magazine like a funnel and it should be good. Also look for loose plastic inside the magazine tube that may interfere with the rounds. Lastly look at the follower to see if it has any rough spots on it. This is for factory Glock magazines. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Also look for loose plastic inside the magazine tube that may interfere with the rounds. Lastly look at the follower to see if it has any rough spots on it. This is for factory Glock magazines. Thanks, Eric

This is the primary reason you are having problems. You should always camfer the bottom edge of the follower, and round the edges of a new extension, but when the first one or two rounds fail to feed it will most likely be caused by a build-up of polymer debris from the corners of the mag body. Clean the bottom inside of the magazine body a good half inch up the inside. Especially in the corners. Take it down to bare metal if necessary.