Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazines not dropping free.

ohsevenflhx

I have 12 Tactical Sport magazines. At last months match one of my magazines stuck in my gun during a mag change. I literally had to pull it out of the gun. When I got home I inserted and tried dropping every magazine out empty. 4 of them hung up. I found mushroomed wear in the knotch for the magazine catch. I cleaned up the mushroomed area, and they are dropping free now. 

_20180421_133317.JPG

_20180421_134016.JPG

I had the same issue, filed the spot, no issues since. Which reminds me, I need to check that spot on my 2 newer mags.

BTW, why the heck do you have 12 TS mags? Do you load them all before a match and use new mags every stage? I've never needed more than 4, even with 60 round stages at the Rocky Mountain 300.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 2018-04-21 at 3:53 PM, ohsevenflhx said:

I have 12 Tactical Sport magazines. At last months match one of my magazines stuck in my gun during a mag change. I literally had to pull it out of the gun. When I got home I inserted and tried dropping every magazine out empty. 4 of them hung up. I found mushroomed wear in the knotch for the magazine catch. I cleaned up the mushroomed area, and they are dropping free now. 

Thank you so much for sharing! Three of my eight TS mags have this problem and I thought that it was the followers and have not used them since. I filed off the mushroomed end and they too now work 100%. Helpful posts like these is what I love about these forums!

Edited by abb1