Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Changes over the past few years?

I maybe in the market for a 650 in the next few months.  Was wondering if there have been any major or minor changes in the 650 over the past few years to be aware of as I look at new and used options?  Does anyone have a list of changes or site where I could see what / if anything has changed or improved on the 650 over the years?  Also, if you want to sell your 650, dm me..

Thanks

Chris 

The most significant change was made in 2000, when the powder measure  bellcrank was redesigned into a two piece part. The new design physically blocks the retraction of the powder bar until the handle is lifted up enough to begin rotating the shellplate. This makes it even less possible to accidently double-charge a case via handle manipulation.  A few years ago, we changed the link arm pivot pin by adding a zerk fitting to one end, so machine maintenance is easier. Prior to that, the crank and frame had small holes so the pins could be greased by using a needle fitting on a grease gun.

4 hours ago, dillon said:

The most significant change was made in 2000, when the powder measure  bellcrank was redesigned into a two piece part. The new design physically blocks the retraction of the powder bar until the handle is lifted up enough to begin rotating the shellplate. This makes it even less possible to accidently double-charge a case via handle manipulation.  A few years ago, we changed the link arm pivot pin by adding a zerk fitting to one end, so machine maintenance is easier. Prior to that, the crank and frame had small holes so the pins could be greased by using a needle fitting on a grease gun.

Thanks. this will be helpful in looking at 650's.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, dillon said:

Dillon also changed the platform, though I'm not sure when.  All I know is my press has the old one, and the spent primer cup, along with how it's held is different.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, dillon said:

Hmm... my 650 must predate this change.  I might have to get the upgraded part as it's really easy to double charge on my press.

2 hours ago, ExStreetWalker said:

Hmm... my 650 must predate this change.  I might have to get the upgraded part as it's really easy to double charge on my press.

I'm pretty sure Dillon will send you the parts free if you ask for them.

Then you can send me your old ones.....