Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Are Classifiers Thrown Out

Clay1

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but couldn't find anything in a search. I am looking to find out when classifiers don't count towards your classification for being much higher than your average. Is there a number like anything higher than 20% over your average doesn't count or some such rule?

My average is low because I have been blazing away at some of my recent classifiers to shoot above my ability level (that didn't work) so this weekend I slowed down got my hits and scored 22% above my official average. Will it count or get bounced?

Sometimes, I'm slow to learn but the lightbulb finally turned on. :wacko:

Go to the USPSA home page, click on "Additional Content", then "Classification Administration".

"Input of Hit Factors: The following information is entered for each record: USPSA number, club identifier, match date, classifier number, hit factor and date entered. The computer program checks whether the hit factor being entered is within 15% above the maximum percentage for the class the shooter is in, or 5% below the minimum. If the difference is greater than 15% or 5%, the program asks whether the score is valid. If the score is out of the range the following it ms must be considered: Was the stage set up correctly? Has the shooter been practicing?

To answer these questions, the person entering the scores should look for a trend on the match summary sheet, i.e. If numerous other people have factors seemingly higher than normal, it is a possible indicator of incorrect stage setup and therefore the scores may not e valid. Checking the shooter's past scores may indicate the shooter's ability. If the shooter has other scores with similar percentages, it could be a valid score and the score is entered. If there are no similar percentage scores, again it could indicate an improper stage setup and the score is not entered. If the score is too low, the shooter's past performance and activity is also checked. If the shooter needs the score to become classified then it is entered. "

Nothing to really brag about Ben. I have just been doing so terrible when I have shot the last half doz classifiers it was pretty pittiful. The classifier was 99-11 EL Pres. I shot it in holman and shot the fastest production score that day of a slow 7.07 but the score was slow and the Mike didn't do anything for me either. That hit factor then was in the mid 3s somewhere. I shot it again on Sunday and shot a 6.54 HF which was 63% or a low B. Again, my average of the burn them down classifiers is only 41% or a real low C. I actually felt slow shooting this last one and the time was 7.94 with 52 points - 8 As and 4 Cs. Again, nothing to brag about but a movement on the classifiers in the right direction.

Thick headed fellow that I am I have to learn patience and let me eyes be the speedometer and control the trigger finger and not the other way around. I'm getting better, but a long way to go. This board is helping me alot. First year doing this stuff - just bought the gun in Jan. Ben, I'll see you next Saturday.

Rick

You can also have the match director call USPSA and ask them to accept the score. I have done that for several shooters in the past that have been improving at a good pace. Normally, there is not much of a problem in moving someone up in class.

Carlos