Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip module

Daemunx1

Would like to have a more beefy grip on my 320x5. Currently sig only offers the x5 full size grip module in medium so I’m wondering if the standard fullsize 320 module will work fine with a x5 slide and barrel and if the 21 round mags will fit fine. 

Yes it will work. This is the backbone of the P320. The ability to swap out different components without having to buy another weapon. the 21 round mag will not have any issue fitting in the standard full size grip. It will stick out more at the bottom since you do not have the magwell from the X5 covering up part of the magazine but they all use the same mag release in the same location so there is no issue. I will gladly buy the X5 grip off of you if you don't plan to use it anymore.  

Recieved my large 320 grip module and 17 round mags today. It also comes with a new slide release lever made to fit in the protected release area on the standard 320. I’m really happy with it. It feels much more round and comfortable than the x5 grip and the contoured thumb area is more stable (imo) for 1 hand shooting. Looking inside the magwell there seems to be an area for a grip weight like the x5 but its squared off where the x5 is actually partially enclosed. I tried seeing if the weight would work but it was a no go with that fully open channel. It seems like something that could easily be achieved as an aftermarket product though. Taking it to the range today. I may hold onto the x5 grip for limited division shooting with the magwell or if I really prefer the standard grip I might think of getting rid of it. When/if they ever come out with a large x5 module I’ll definetly make the switch.