Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 226 St Vs Sport Stock Or Sport Ii Sl

Fredco

I'm digging the used 226 ST ( heavy ) all steel frame Sig I picked up a while back. It has been tweaked by Bruce Gray and has a great trigger. I'm now considering a new Sig, possibly another 226 ST or going full out with a Sig 226 Sport Stock or maybe even the super heavy Sport II SL both of which are on the USPSA production gun list.

I'm looking for anyone that may have had a chance to check out what Sig refers to as a " tuned trigger" on both the Sport Stock and Sport II SL. Is it worth the extra coin to get a factory " tuned trigger" or should I go with a new 226ST and have it tweaked out as well by BG?

Thanks

fc

Hey Flex,

You're sneaky feeling is right!! BTW, nice meeting you and Jenny at the match.

Fredco,

I have a 226ST also that Bruce did the trigger job on. I dont know about your trigger job, but mine is OUTSTANDING!!!!

By far the best Sig trigger Ive ever felt. The only other non 1911 trigger job that can even be spoken in the same breath as Bruce's is Vanek Glock trigger. Bruce's trigger is 6lbs DA (silky smooth) and 1.5lbs SA. Now, the best part is the reset. The trigger is light as hell, crisp, 1000% reliable and the reset is as good (or better) than any 1911 Ive ever owned or felt.

Ask SmittyFl about it. I let Shannon feel it and he couldnt believe the reset on the Sig.

I got a chance to play with Roger Sherman's Sig 226ST at a recent match..and I was truely impressed with the trigger Bruce got on it..

If I shot a SIG..that would be the way to go..