Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from NY

Bullett

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Bullett said:

Hey guys I’m a new member here. I’m new to competitive shooting and I’m looking to browse the boards for tips on being a competitive shooter. Thanks for having me

Not sure what part of the state you live in, but if you are downstate there are several clubs that host matches that have signups on practiscore.

I live on the outskirts of Albany. So far I've only competed at Watervliet. Hoping my work schedule will work in my favor and allow me to travel to PA, MA and NH to shoot in the near future.

16 minutes ago, Bullett said:

I live on the outskirts of Albany. So far I've only competed at Watervliet. Hoping my work schedule will work in my favor and allow me to travel to PA, MA and NH to shoot in the near future.

Check out the Empire State Steel Shoot coming up on the 12th! Still lots of spots open if you have a free day or so... It's out around Elmira.

Hope to see you there...

16 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

Check out the Empire State Steel Shoot coming up on the 12th! Still lots of spots open if you have a free day or so... It's out around Elmira.

Hope to see you there...

Won't be able to do that one. I checked the website out though and saw the Hot Steel Challenge they offer in July. You shoot that one before?

Not yet. Maybe check into it though. Are you planning on that one this year? 

This will be the 1st  Empire State Steel shoot for us too.

There is also a falling steel shoot at the end of April called the PSA Shootout. Check that one out also.

Hope to see you at a shoot sometime soon!

Glad to have more shooting friends to the north...

16 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Watervliet is excellent.    Nice guys and great COF's   :)

BUT, if you wander out of state, you can actually shoot 12 bullets in a row

without reloading    :cheers:

Don't forget CT, also.

I shot my first match there last month. I had a great time. Being limited to 11 rounds is a bummer...

6 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

Not yet. Maybe check into it though. Are you planning on that one this year? 

This will be the 1st  Empire State Steel shoot for us too.

There is also a falling steel shoot at the end of April called the PSA Shootout. Check that one out also.

Hope to see you at a shoot sometime soon!

Glad to have more shooting friends to the north...

I'm going to look into shooting that one, but I'm not entirely sure if I'll be in the country on that date. Hopefully it'll work out. 

I'll definitely keep my eye open for the PSA shoot out. I enjoy shooting steel.  

If you shoot at the Watervliet club let me know