Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Factory Rear Sight Height for Glock 34 with 147's

12glocks

My wife wants to change up her Dawson's for Glock OE sights.  We shoot 147's at 920 FPS.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a rear sight height in this application?  I am thinking the 147's will go high with the factory sights and I should get the 6.1mm rear sight.

Thanks in advance!

I have 3x G34's (for IPSC) and all have sets of Dawson sights,each with the adjustable rear sight.

Great when I'm messing around with different loads.And btw, I've always used 147 grn projectiles

for IPSC. I hope this is of some help to you.

Go back to OEM sights from Dawson! That's a first :D

The rear sights are what like $3 each? You could try both and see which is better for your ammo. I'd imagine you probably have a spare 6.5mm rear sight already from taking off that gun so could try that first and it might be fine and no need to get the 6.1mm. Or try the OEM adjustable rear sight.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:08 PM, Southpaw said:

Go back to OEM sights from Dawson! That's a first :D

The rear sights are what like $3 each? You could try both and see which is better for your ammo. I'd imagine you probably have a spare 6.5mm rear sight already from taking off that gun so could try that first and it might be fine and no need to get the 6.1mm. Or try the OEM adjustable rear sight.

I just took a risk on the 6.1mm.   I installed them today and they shot pretty much right on with 147's and a fast powder (N320) .  I agree with your advise (and humor)!

2 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

I just took a risk on the 6.1mm.   I installed them today and they shot pretty much right on with 147's and a fast powder (N320) .  I agree with your advise (and humor)!

:cheers: