Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For the ones that, like me, are going on their first World Shoot, knowing that he or she is not going to be WORLD CHAMPION, is it possible to finish the competition without misses???

Being precise without sacrificing time will be a hard task and it's my goal for my first World Shoot.

Until today I could only finish one match without misses. Can anyone do it on this match?

Regards,

I've said this a thousand times, I just wish I could take my own advice:

You can't always shoot the course as fast as the top dogs, but you always have the option of shooting at least as many points.

The missing is there for you to decide on...

The only way I could possibly disagree with dp40 is if the stage design is such that you simply can't make the shots at your skill level. For instance, timed fire exercises, disappearing targets, etc, may prevent you from getting all of the possible points if you're not a higher level shooter. However, those types of misses won't cost you penalty points.

It's definitely possible to make it through a match - even a big one - without taking penalty misses.

yeah, I am excluding stages like turning target standards or fast swingers where high skill level is needed just to get the points, but I think you guys get the point I was trying to make. The points are there for you if you are patient enough to gather them up.

Slowing down will only make you go slow...

See what you need to to make every shot. If you don't push and shoot everything within your limits, there is absolutely no reason why you can't shoot a clean match at the WS.

Just aim.

• 2 months later...

Hi there, did you remenber my question???

Well a make some MISSES and PT´s, and i found who is the Shooter without a MISSES.

Mrs Eric Grauffel, click in the link below and see for yourself

http://www.tirodinamico.com.br/mss/shooter...um=118&Snum=233

You can see all the World Shot XIV results in this link:

http://www.tirodinamico.com.br/mss/match.php?Matchnum=118

Just click in the name of competitor to open all his results in match, or you can see by division, squad, stage, etc..

Bye,

Awesome link Brazilian Shooter!!!

Funny, it shows that the Production guys shoot the exact same amount of C's and D's as all the "Major" divisions.

And it shows that I shot tooooo slooooow and I was an ass for forgetting a target :lol:

And yes, Eric is the king when it comes to this game. 7 D's.... in 600 rounds....And I bet he's probably PO-ed because of them :lol:

Edited by spook

• 2 weeks later...

I know I myself could have done better at Area 5, and here is my proof ....... I shot all 11 stages without 1 single miss, penalty of any kind, or gun jam. Of course I didnt win ........ not even in my class (7th Open A) ............. but I went home knowing I shot a good match, and next time I can repeat that by shooting a clean match only FASTER!

There is no limit to the speed at which you can shoot, but there is a limit to the speed at which you can shoot well. See what you need to see as fast as you can, and you will do well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've shot many 'clean' matches without misses or penalties. I've been lucky enough to finish in the top sixteen in every uspsa pistol nationals (about 10 of them, except one year at 19th I think) I've been in. Most of them clean but just a little slow for a really good finish. I guess that's just my style.....

That's the main reason I don't like USPSA/IPSC scoring. Someone can have 3 or 4 misses and still win a major match. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Bruce