Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp01 tactical fte stovepipe

mktt89

Need help.......

Started shooting sp01 in carry optics, shot 4 matches no issues then on 5th started to have stovepipes, 4 or 5 in hundred.   The nose of feeding bullet is in chamber and empty casing is stovepiped.   Same failure everytime.  Im running xtreme 147gr 3.2 titegroup 1.13 length with 11pound recoil spring, did try with 10lb and still have same issue.  It does have weak ejection.   Ordered a extra power extraction spring and didnt work at all, extractor to strong to allow extractor to move much.   I read where people have changed the ejector angle to resolve a similar issue.   Old thread pictures are gone that show this so if anyone has pic that would be great.   I tried stronger rounds today and it ran better but i want to run as close to 125pf as possible.  Any advice would be helpful   thanks

I had a similar issue. My Shadow was working great and once I put the optics on it, it would jam after about 50-60 rds. I bought the gun initially used, and always knew that there was a lighter recoil spring in it when I bought it. I changed to a stock recoil spring that I had in my spare parts, and it solved the problem. No more jams (knock on wood)

Hows the ejector tip and extractor claw look? The ex-power extractor spring causes more harm than issues it fixes.

Cases should be ejecting a good couple feet even at 125pf.

Edited by coolcw1987

Several thoughts as to what to look for....

1.  Ensure slide (everything to include extractor and extractor slot) are clean.

2.  Replace extractor spring.

2.  Age and weight of recoil spring.  May need to replace and may need to go 1-3 lbs lighter.

3.  Face of ejector may need minor grinding to change ejection angle.

4.  Check extractor, breach face, & ejector for burrs.  Don't polish but ensure they are smooth.

5.  Can you video the pistol when firing (in slow motion) and see what is happening to the case that is stove piping?

6.  Left side of the breach face (as you point the pistol) should have a curved area where the left side of the case is pushed by extractor pressure.  There is a small groove facing to the right side of the pistol in the "ledge"  Ensure it is clean and no powder residue buildup. Hope that is a good enough description to find what I am talking about.

If I think of anything else will add to the post.  Good luck for a prompt fix.

1.  Ensure slide (everything to include extractor and extractor slot) are clean.

Gun very clean and polished

2.  Replace extractor spring.

Tried extra power spring but did not work at all would not even chamber

2.  Age and weight of recoil spring.  May need to replace and may need to go 1-3 lbs lighter.

Springs no more than 1000 rounds, i put in brand new 10 pound

3.  Face of ejector may need minor grinding to change ejection angle.

Have not done, would like to see a goo pic of this mod

4.  Check extractor, breach face, & ejector for burrs.  Don't polish but ensure they are smooth.

Polished

5.  Can you video the pistol when firing (in slow motion) and see what is happening to the case that is stove piping?

Have not done this

6.  Left side of the breach face (as you point the pistol) should have a curved area where the left side of the case is pushed by extractor pressure.  There is a small groove facing to the right side of the pistol in the "ledge"  Ensure it is clean and no powder residue buildup. Hope that is a good enough description to find what I am talking about.

Seems to be very clean and ok

---------.  I did today try 135 power factor and ran great no issues.   Im beginning to think the extra weight of the deltapoint pro is making 125 loads difficult to run.   Maybe if i get slide milled maybe i can go little lighter load.......