Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to make the 43 grip fuller?

IGOTGLOCKED

I live where it gets HOT in the summer consequently I adopted a 43 for deeper concealment at weddings, funerals, etc, as a jacket cannot always be worn. I shoot it well however I would like the grip to be fuller. I have Talons on it which helps the slip due to being pretty snappy with +p, still would like to be just a little fuller in my hands. Any suggestions?

Thanks from IGG!

6 hours ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

Then printing comes into play..?

Not with the right holster.  I carry AIWB with a wedge that pushes the gun butt into my stomach.  It also rides more or less where your belt buckle would be, so unless you’re an emaciated stick the +2 doesn’t extend beyond my body enough to print.

Instead of taking a single-stack gun and trying to make the grip thicker, just use a double-stack gun that already has a thicker grip.  A Glock 26 sounds like what you want, it's basically the same dimensions as the Glock 43 in all the dimensions except thickness (and therefore grip circumference).

15 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

Not with the right holster.  I carry AIWB with a wedge that pushes the gun butt into my stomach.  It also rides more or less where your belt buckle would be, so unless you’re an emaciated stick the +2 doesn’t extend beyond my body enough to print.

A stick I am not, especially after the holidays! The holster you refer to sounds like Black Tactical...

14 hours ago, CleverNickname said:

Instead of taking a single-stack gun and trying to make the grip thicker, just use a double-stack gun that already has a thicker grip.  A Glock 26 sounds like what you want, it's basically the same dimensions as the Glock 43 in all the dimensions except thickness (and therefore grip circumference).

Almost bought the 26 as opposed to the 43 but the 43 conceals better and is lighter for my purposes. But thanks for a great reason to adopt another Glock!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, went to a lgs looking for a Hogue slip over, they didn't have one so they talked me into trying a Pachmyr grip which didn't have the beaver tail but tried it any way. It was nice but not exactly the feel I was looking for. Jumped on Amazon and had the drone deliver a Hogue with the beaver tail I originally wanted, bingo! Feels like a different gun and it fills my palm due to it having a designed in palm swell. When I put in my Glock oem extended magazine I am able to get a full hand on it. Can't wait to shoot it now!

Seek and ye shall find!