Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How/when Do You Decide To Change Divisions?

boo radley

I am going to change divisions from Limited to Open later this year because I want to work on different aspects of my shooting. Based on advise from other shooters the Open gun will help remove some of the "variables" of Limited like sight alignment and lots of recoil control. By simplifying those aspects I hope to be able to better concentrate on "seeing what I need to see", movement, etc.

I'm interested in this topic because I'm thinking about switching from Limited to L-10 and/or Production. I started in February, made D class right before Area 4, and just got word that I made C class.

I switched from a Para to a G35, then shot the Para again last weekend. I'd thought that learning the Glock trigger might mess me up on the Para, but I think I did well in the match. I was also afraid I might forget to take the safety off with the Para, but again, no prob. I don't know yet if switching back will make the Glock trigger a challenge.

I'm hoping that shooting L-10 will let me get more out of each match, by forcing me to do more reloads under match conditions. And I may shoot Production with the Glock, since I only have a Kydex holster for it anyway. Any comments?

For you guys who are holding yourself in a class because you think you are not worthy of the next, know that nothing will make you improve like being at the bottom of the next class. I was careful not to use the term sandbagger, but if you are thinking about class while you are shooting, it is affecting your performance. Remember that M class % wins B anyway, so it doesn't really matter that you lose a few places at the prize table. JM2CW IMHO. Come on in, the water is warm!

For you guys who are holding yourself in a class because you think you are not worthy of the next, know that nothing will make you improve like being at the bottom of the next class.  I was careful not to use the term sandbagger, but if you are thinking about class while you are shooting, it is affecting your performance.  Remember that M class % wins B anyway, so it doesn't really matter that you lose a few places at the prize table.  JM2CW IMHO.  Come on in, the water is warm!

Yeah, but nothing pleases the boss (who is paying for the matches) like bringing home some bacon. A little something for the effort goes a long way. I don't plan to sandbag, but if you look at my limited scores compared to my limited ten scores, you will see some lucky shots in limited ten. Getting bumped to B class in limited ten would automatically get me bumped to C in limited.

I'm kind of lucky because at the 3 local clubs (within 160 miles from me) we runs two guns. If its before June then my main gun is my open revo. After June its my 6 shot revo. The second gun for the matches would be the gun I have ammo loaded for, and normally i'll take 3 guns and decide over there after i've seen the stages and decided what would be better to shoot them with.

This last tursday I picked up a new 8-shot revo and i'll be shooting limited-10 with it and I might shoot the area 2 with it. Just have to work the bugs out of it.