Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Slides

RGC

I built 2 identical Stock 2's about a year and a half ago, with new Xtreme parts.  Sold both a year ago...was going to stick to Single Stack.

Well, eyesight and other issues lead me back to a dot.  Open or CO.  

I was considering a CZ or Stock 3, when one the owners whom purchased my Stock 2 that I built reached out and ended up selling it back to me!

Great!

Now I really don't want to start cutting the slide, as I wish to keep for dual Production division use along with the CO.  I believe all large frames can universally fit large frame slides......just need to find one.

Anybody know where these are to be found?  Preferrably at a custom shop/smith whom could perform some additional machining?

2 hours ago, RGC said:

I built 2 identical Stock 2's about a year and a half ago, with new Xtreme parts.  Sold both a year ago...was going to stick to Single Stack.

Well, eyesight and other issues lead me back to a dot.  Open or CO.  

I was considering a CZ or Stock 3, when one the owners whom purchased my Stock 2 that I built reached out and ended up selling it back to me!

Great!

Now I really don't want to start cutting the slide, as I wish to keep for dual Production division use along with the CO.  I believe all large frames can universally fit large frame slides......just need to find one.

Anybody know where these are to be found?  Preferrably at a custom shop/smith whom could perform some additional machining?

Contact joe at Patriot Defense.

Edited by johnbu

If your testing out the division, get an EGW dovetail mount. I don't feel the need to cut a slide for a low mount. I usually shoot open, and C-mores are usually higher than a dovetail mounted red dot. That way you can go back to prod. easily. Slides on EAA's website were almost the cost of a gun. 

53 minutes ago, OPENB said:

If your testing out the division, get an EGW dovetail mount. I don't feel the need to cut a slide for a low mount. I usually shoot open, and C-mores are usually higher than a dovetail mounted red dot. That way you can go back to prod. easily. Slides on EAA's website were almost the cost of a gun. 

Sound reasoning...

I will look at grabbing an EGW.  I have a Deltapoint PRO on an STI 38SC I am selling and may just rob it for a bit.  But I started another thread about dot weights as I am already pushing the limit with the S2.

45 minutes ago, RGC said:

Sound reasoning...

I will look at grabbing an EGW.  I have a Deltapoint PRO on an STI 38SC I am selling and may just rob it for a bit.  But I started another thread about dot weights as I am already pushing the limit with the S2.

DPP is hard to make weight with a dovetail mount.  i was at 44.7oz with a viper in a dovetail