Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nra Action Pistol Matches In Bluefield, Va.

The Triangle Sportsmens Club in Bluefield, VA. will be hosting the 2005 Hillbilly Cup Regional Championship on Sep. 24th and the 2005 Cardinal Cup VA. State Championship on Sep 25th. You don't have to be a member of the state association to shoot this match.

Categories include Open, Metallic, Rimfire and Open Modified. Competitors may enter in 3 classes. There will be cash awards, plaques and a prize table. Prize table starts with the competitor firing the lowest score.

Match programs and entry forms can be found at www.trianglesportsmensclub.org.

Camping is available at the range. There is a Comfort Inn located in Bluefield just minutes from the range. There are others in Princeton, WV (I-77 exit 9) about 20 min. from range.

Any questions send me an email.

Hope to see you all there,

Kevin

The Triangle Sportsmens Club in Bluefield, VA. will be hosting the 2005 Hillbilly Cup Regional Championship on Sep. 24th and the 2005 Cardinal Cup VA. State Championship on Sep 25th. You don't have to be a member of the state association to shoot this match.

Categories include Open, Metallic, Rimfire and Open Modified. Competitors may enter in 3 classes. There will be cash awards, plaques and a prize table.  Prize table starts with the competitor firing the lowest score.

Match programs and entry forms can be found at www.trianglesportsmensclub.org.

Camping is available at the range. There is a Comfort Inn located in Bluefield just minutes from the range. There are others in Princeton, WV (I-77 exit 9) about 20 min. from range.

Any questions send me an email.

Kevin

The Comfort Inn in Bluefield, VA has set aside 15 rooms in my name, Kevin Angstadt, at a rate of $62 per night for 1 to 4 people. Their number is 276-326-3688. They will only hold the rooms until Aug. 23rd. Be sure to mention my name to get the $62 rate. Be prepared to spell my last name for them!

Kevin

The Comfort Inn in Bluefield, VA has set aside 15 rooms in my name, Kevin Angstadt, at a rate of $62 per night for 1 to 4 people. Their number is 276-326-3688. They will only hold the rooms until Aug. 23rd. Be sure to mention my name to get the $62 rate. Be prepared to spell my last name for them!

Kevin

I am havin trouble replying to the post ..I hope this works ..

Kevin runs a great match hope to see ya"ll there.

Leroy

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin posted this in another area, and I thought it might be good to put it here too.

"Automated Weather Specialties of Rural Retreat, Leroy's Stump Removal of Bedford, M&M Cleaners of Lynchburg, the Bedford Rifle and Revolver Club and the Triangle Sportsmens Club have agreed to provide the necessary funds to purchase firearms to be given away at the Regional and State Action pistol matches in Bluefield, VA. Smith and Wesson has agreed to help us in this endeavor. There will be not one, not two, but four S&W handguns given away by lottery. I am currently working on purchasing a pistol from Beretta. Competitors are allowed to enter 3 classes, therefore competitors shooting three guns will have three chances to win. There will also be a prize table. Companies contributing so far are: LEE, Starline, Zero bullets, Redding, Midway and Oehler. There will also be other prizes given by our local shooters.

If you are interested in shooting these matches please get me the entry forms as soon as possible so that I can order the awards.

This is quickly becoming one of the premier Action Pistol matches in the Country. You won't want to miss it. Your chances of winning a gun at this match are a lot better than at Bianchi.

Kevin

Hey Ya'll,

Don't miss this one if you are a AP shooter..If not come anyway!!

Kevin runs a great match and has a great prize table...

Bunch of guns this year :)

I been to a lot of matches this year but this is one of the hot ones for the east coast...

Kevin and I are goin to Kansas and Texas after this one so lie to the wife, lie to the boss, lie to whom ever and get here guys ...

Hell i can always lie my way out of a lie to get to a great match ....

Called in one day with a broken leg!!

Went to work on monday No one ask a single question... he he

How so they forget....

Let's Get er Done..

Leroy

I'm not too up on official NRA rules. What are the gun divisions?

Categories include Open, Metallic, Rimfire and Open Modified.

What is the difference between Open and Open Mod?

Metallic? That means sights? No comp? Is this where I would shoot a Glock?

What type of gun setups are likley to be in the different divisions? (What's a winning gun in a division look like?)

Competitors may enter in 3 classes. There will be cash awards, plaques and a prize table. Prize table starts with the competitor firing the lowest score.
So, standard guns are going head-to-head against Open guns for the prize table?

Open Mod = USPSA Open (you or your gun can't touch the barricade, like metallic)

Metallic Sight = USPSA Limited, 9x19 min, or 38 spl in a wheel gun, can't touch the barricade, limited oportunites to go prone

Winning guns?

Open: 38 Super s/ 2-3 port comp, barricade wings or shroud, red dot sight w/ no paralax - typically single stack 1911

Met Sight - 5 or 6" 1911 in 9x19 or 38 Super, 6 or 8 3/3" Revolver in 38 spl

Flex,

By "standard" guns I assume you mean guns that look like they would right out of the box. Those guns would be in the Metallic category. Standard guns are going head to head for the prize table but the picking starts with the competitor firing the lowest score. Most of the time a shooter with an Open gun will fire a higher score than a shooter with a Metallic gun. Therefore, the prize table is stacked in the Metallic shooters favor because we start at the bottom and work our way up. When I wasn't doing very well at the bigger matches the match winners were getting the best of everything. The shooters that were not getting any money or plaques need an incentive to come back so I start at the bottom.

So, if you are free that weekend come down and join us. We have a good bunch of shooters come out for this match and you won't meet a stranger. The one thing about Action Pistol is that it has kind of a cult following and we are just one big happy family. We have High Masters shooting scores in the 1900's to Marksman shooting scores in the triple digits.

Kevin

Sorry Dave. I wasn't trying to make a commentary...just looking to understand.

My mind, for some reason, was locked into time for scoring. Which was wrong. NRA shoots points. (I only shoot a couple NRA matches a year...likely a half-dozen total in my lifetime.)

I think I'll just skip it. I don't want to be the guy at the match that was bitching about the prize table online. :unsure:

Sorry Dave.  I wasn't trying to make a commentary...just looking to understand. 

My mind, for some reason, was locked into time for scoring.  Which was wrong.  NRA shoots points.  (I only shoot a couple NRA matches a year...likely a half-dozen total in my lifetime.)

I think I'll just skip it.  I don't want to be the guy at the match that was bitching about the prize table online.  :unsure:

Kyle - go shoot the match. I know you weren't looking to make commentary. ;) The "young guns" of USPSA aren't shootiong Bianchi for some pretty lame reasons, if you ask me. What Kevin is trying to do is a "grassroots" approach to give incentive to the new shooter, instead of it being the top heavy match that the Cup is. The sport needs new talent. If they had enough people shooting Glocks, they might actually give Production the attention I think it deserves. Besides, there are bigger things at stake than the prize table, like Cup Entries. ;)