Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz SP01 Accushadow/carry optics

alonzo98

I’m wondering if any of you guys made an Accushadow production (spo1) into a Carry optics . Does it meet the weight requirement ? Any issue with rules ? 
Some have done it, and it meets weight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Thinking of converting an Accu-Shadow to Carry Optics and using a Vortex Razor that I already have.  Has anyone tried that and does it make the weight?

It should make weight just fine, I used a czc multi optic dovetail mount with a DPP which is a pretty heavy sight on my S1 and it made weight pretty easy.

24 minutes ago, xdnok said:

It should make weight just fine, I used a czc multi optic dovetail mount with a DPP which is a pretty heavy sight on my S1 and it made weight pretty easy.

Thanks!

SP01 shadow only weighs about 37-38 oz empty. There's plenty of room to get up to the 45 oz ceiling. The Shadow 2 on the other hand weighs 46 oz by itself, without even accounting for a magazine or optic. That one actually requires milling out steel to make weight.  It's far more cost effective to convert a S1 for Carry Optics and what I've decided to do as well. No issue with rules either. If you are ready to jump in with both feet, mill out the slide for a lower dot-over-bore height and more permanent mounting solution. Otherwise you can use a dovetail plate if you just want to "dip your toes in" and test it out.

Edited by ClangClang

I just weighed my SP01 Shadow and my Accu-Shadow.  With an empty stock magazine and stock grips, they weighed 41 and 42 ounces respectively.  I assume if I go to extended magazine base pads (which everyone seems to be doing for Carry Optics) and Hennings grips, those will go up a little.  Does milling the slide and adding a red dot increase or decrease the overall weight?

17 minutes ago, Almo said:

I just weighed my SP01 Shadow and my Accu-Shadow.  With an empty stock magazine and stock grips, they weighed 41 and 42 ounces respectively.  I assume if I go to extended magazine base pads (which everyone seems to be doing for Carry Optics) and Hennings grips, those will go up a little.  Does milling the slide and adding a red dot increase or decrease the overall weight?

Depends on the dot. Milling removes 1-2 oz of steel, maybe a little more, depending on who is doing the milling and the exact pattern they use.  You'll just want a dot that gives you a net loss in overall weight.  You could also have more steel milled out of the slide. I've used @PrimaryBruce to mill several slides for me and the work has been impeccable and super fast turnaround, but last I checked, he doesn't offer any weight-reduction milling patterns. The other option is swap out the grips and guide rod to lighter options, which is probably less expensive (and less permanent) than milling the slide.

You definitely want to use extended basepads. You will be at a critical disadvantage with stock 18 round mags when everyone else gets 22-23 rounds in their mags. I've got TTI basepads and they're working out great.  I use 17 round MecGar tubes, but they are truly at the very cusp of making it into a 140mm mag gauge. Some don't, but I only shoot local matches and the occasional Level 1, so I'm not concerned. I've never had my mags gauged at an actual match in 5 years.  I get 21 rounds in the mag with the stock spring and follower, 23 rounds with a Grams spring and follower.  Using the 16 round Mec Gar tubes with a TTI basepad would definitely fit the mag gauge with ease, if you want to play it safe.

Edited by ClangClang