Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate question

ParsonsWV

If your looking at where the dot is in the lens your looking in the wrong place. Look at the target not the sight, it's a weird change going from irons for some people. Just remember the dots position in the lens doesn't matter (within the accuracy requirements of USPSA 50 bianchi can make a difference)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

If your looking at where the dot is in the lens your looking in the wrong place. Look at the target not the sight, it's a weird change going from irons for some people. Just remember the dots position in the lens doesn't matter (within the accuracy requirements of USPSA 50 bianchi can make a difference)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I plan on going shooting again tomorrow so will have to see if I understand what you are saying. Where the dot is in lens has to matter. If you don't try to get the dot back to where it was on the previous shot then people wouldn't worry about working up loads to get the dot to move less on recoil for a faster follow up shot. I am not concentrating on the dot when I pull the trigger. 

13 hours ago, ParsonsWV said:

I plan on going shooting again tomorrow so will have to see if I understand what you are saying. Where the dot is in lens has to matter. If you don't try to get the dot back to where it was on the previous shot then people wouldn't worry about working up loads to get the dot to move less on recoil for a faster follow up shot. I am not concentrating on the dot when I pull the trigger. 

When I shoot a dot gun I never see the lens, I just see a dot and the targets, the gun and the sight are just blurry things in the fore ground. The point behind wanting a flat shooting load is to get the dot back to the spot on the target you want to hit as quickly as possible, it doesn't matter where in the window it is it just needs to be back to the center of the target. A dot its 100% target focused shooting.   The hard part is getting your index to where the dot is always visible when you point the gun at the target.

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

When I shoot a dot gun I never see the lens, I just see a dot and the targets, the gun and the sight are just blurry things in the fore ground. The point behind wanting a flat shooting load is to get the dot back to the spot on the target you want to hit as quickly as possible, it doesn't matter where in the window it is it just needs to be back to the center of the target. A dot its 100% target focused shooting.   The hard part is getting your index to where the dot is always visible when you point the gun at the target.

Alright, when I go shooting again today or tomorrow I will have to try this. I guess looking at target and seeing dot on it would essentially come out the same as making sure the dot is same place in the lens for accuracy.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, ParsonsWV said:

IMG_2798IMG_2794IMG_2800IMG_2802

Here are some pictures of the Czechmate. If there's anything specific you were wanting to see just let me know and I will work on getting it taken. I am very surprised with how tight the slide to frame fit is on the gun. It takes a little effort to push the slide back onto frame. Best fitting slide and frame I've ever seen on a factory gun. Also, when I had it apart I did a quick wipe down and put some slip 2000 EWG on it and that made racking it a lot smoother than whatever oil came on it from the factory.

Well in the last week I got two Parrots and one Czeckmate.  Still have not fired either one.  I did try and clean them up a little since they all had lots of what ever CZ puts on them at the factory.  When I moved the safety there was noticeable oil residue.  Still not sure how much I need to clean them up before the first trip to the range.  Any hints on this welcome.

I noticed you can align the tear down marks and the put the safety on and the slide will stay put to push out the pin, saw that trick on a youtube vid.  Same vid had instructions about removing the rod and spring with the included tool so you could take out the barrel.  Both the Parrots had the compensator installed as well as the C-more while the Czeckmate had neither.  I have to say there seems to be a real learning curve for me.  I had no problem tearing down my TS, TSO, and P07 but the Parrots and Czeckmate seem to require several new skills.

Anyone know of a Czeckmate/Parrot for Dummies book or vid that could help me get up to speed.

czw.jpg

33 minutes ago, Tommytwogunz said:

Well in the last week I got two Parrots and one Czeckmate.  Still have not fired either one.  I did try and clean them up a little since they all had lots of what ever CZ puts on them at the factory.  When I moved the safety there was noticeable oil residue.  Still not sure how much I need to clean them up before the first trip to the range.  Any hints on this welcome.

I noticed you can align the tear down marks and the put the safety on and the slide will stay put to push out the pin, saw that trick on a youtube vid.  Same vid had instructions about removing the rod and spring with the included tool so you could take out the barrel.  Both the Parrots had the compensator installed as well as the C-more while the Czeckmate had neither.  I have to say there seems to be a real learning curve for me.  I had no problem tearing down my TS, TSO, and P07 but the Parrots and Czeckmate seem to require several new skills.

Anyone know of a Czeckmate/Parrot for Dummies book or vid that could help me get up to speed.

When I got mine I just took the slide off the frame and wiped off whatever oil I could from there and then applied some grease. Oil just shoots out of holes and other areas when you shoot it for the first little while. If you really want all the oil out of it before shooting it I know break parts cleaner would do it but I wouldn't as then you just have to reapply it. Doesn't hurt anything to have some extra oil in there if you ask me. The excess quickly leaves once shot.

I went out and shot another 200 rounds today and if I do my part it shoots one hole groups. Still getting used to the red dot but I am happy with my groups so far.

I am jealous of the three acquired haha. Where did you find the czechmate? I am considering picking up another at some point as I think I prefer the grip I can get on these compared to the 2011. I took my 2011 out today and liked the czechmate more. Granted I do not have a comp on the 2011 yet but I was shooting factory ammo which everyone says makes the comp useless. 2011 felt a lot snappier in the hand and less controlled.

9 minutes ago, ParsonsWV said:

When I got mine I just took the slide off the frame and wiped off whatever oil I could from there and then applied some grease. Oil just shoots out of holes and other areas when you shoot it for the first little while. If you really want all the oil out of it before shooting it I know break parts cleaner would do it but I wouldn't as then you just have to reapply it. Doesn't hurt anything to have some extra oil in there if you ask me. The excess quickly leaves once shot.

I went out and shot another 200 rounds today and if I do my part it shoots one hole groups. Still getting used to the red dot but I am happy with my groups so far.

I am jealous of the three acquired haha. Where did you find the czechmate? I am considering picking up another at some point as I think I prefer the grip I can get on these compared to the 2011. I took my 2011 out today and liked the czechmate more. Granted I do not have a comp on the 2011 yet but I was shooting factory ammo which everyone says makes the comp useless. 2011 felt a lot snappier in the hand and less controlled.  

Not so much worried about oil inside the weapon but I like to remove the barrel, clean it, and look through it.  D&L Hunting & Outdoors was where I got both Parrots and Czeckmate.  From what they told me CZ sends their production to Europe and then the leftovers go to the US.  D&L said the stuff they got in last week was from an order they placed months ago and added that is true for other CZ dealers.  They place orders and then expect the guns to come in months later.  I really like the grips on the Czeckmate a lot better than on the Parrot.

Edited by Tommytwogunz

17 minutes ago, Tommytwogunz said:

Not so much worried about oil inside the weapon but I like to remove the barrel, clean it, and look through it.  D&L Hunting & Outdoors was where I got both Parrots and Czeckmate.  From what they told me CZ sends their production to Europe and then the leftovers go to the US.  D&L said the stuff they got in last week was from an order they placed months ago and added that is true for other CZ dealers.  They place orders and then expect the guns to come in months later.  I really like the grips on the Czeckmate a lot better than on the Parrot.

I am gonna keep an eye out for a czechmate. Beginning of the year I will probably look more seriously for another. I am surprised that CZ sends the USA whatever is leftover. I figured we would be one of their biggest markets.