Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 resize die's question

In 9mm, anyone running the lee U die in station 1 and any issues with the brass hanging up on it?

Can you run two resize dies on on the 1050? Thinking of  running the dillon resize deprime in station one and the Lee U die in station 2. Just not sure that if you can run a resize in station two. I do not have a 1050 yet, but if I can run that way I will upgrade my XL650. 

I run the EGW undersize die.. think its the same as the Lee.  I do spray all my 9mm brass with a Hornady or Liquid Wrench dry spray lube before running the brass.  It makes everything sooo much easier and smoother to operate. With the undersize die, you are best lubing the cases.

I run a size/de-crimp in station 1, hornady 9mm case mouth expander in station 2 instead of the dillon backer rod die, then after the powder die, I have setup the hornady bullet feeder die, then seating die and finish off with the dillon taper crimp die.  Works great.  I also have the Everglades ammo primer hold down die.  I recommend that if you are running mixed brass.  

The EGA primer hold down takes 10 minutes to setup, but i found I got better results with mixed brass after removing the dillon swage rod die and installing a normal case mouth expansion die.  With mixed brass, if you want remove primer crimp, the dillon backer rod does not have enough play to account for varying mixed brass dimension and resulted in the press not consistently seating primers to the depth I wanted.