Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tomorrow, we honor our Service men and women

SoCalShooter69

The best guns, the best parts from the best people.... now at an unbelievably low price.

Shooting season is over. Time to refresh  guns.

This is what i think a good package would be;

Recoil spring

Trigger spring

sear spring

hammer spring (i don't refresh the PD FP return spring)

Extractor spring

Before ordering, inspect the extractor, sear, hammer, firing pin and block.  Make sure they aren't damaged or worn. Order replacenents as needed. Polish everything again, hit those places you missed.

If you haven't upgraded to a BOLO, order one, the 1 piece sear and extended fpb.

For winter dry fire practice, i install the STRONGEST hammer spring i have.  Helps to  improve trigger control. Then 3 weeks before the first spring match, i go back to the PD15.5 and live fire a bunch.

Well, that's my plan anyway.

I would get a 15.5 along with the optimized trigger and sear springs.

Polish up the trigger bar, plunger and all the pins / holes in the sear and hammer. Also shine up the inside of the firing pin channel.  You should keep at the 2.5# and be 100% reliable.  You can drop to 2# with a 14# spring and better polishing. 

On 11/9/2017 at 12:52 PM, DesertTortoise said:

Can you recommend a hammer spring for a limited custom .40 ? I'm not sure whats in the gun right now, but I'm getting 2.5 pull with consistent ignition on winchester (and any other ) primers 

Johnbu is on the ball.

The hammer spring doesn’t have nearly the effect on SA triggers that it does on the DA stroke for the Production guns.

Mirror-polish everything and stick a 15.5 or a14 at least in there, and you’ll probably be in love with the trigger.