Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Member from West Virginia

tlock

A friend of mine suggested that I join this forum since I have an insatiable appetite for shooting.  

I'm very interested in learning all I can about 3-gun matches so that maybe next year I can jump into it.  

I've been shooting for about a year, and I've participated in a few local pistol matches and find that I really love it. 

I try to do one or two matches a week, as time permits.

I have trained a bit on my handgun and rifle, but have very little experience with the shotgun. 

They are fun to shoot, I guess but not as fun as the AR and Handgun :)

Welcome from Kentucky!  Sounds like you are doing a lot to improve yourself (practice/match wise) and enjoying yourself.  As long as you are being safe (which I'm sure you are), that is the name of the game.  You will find a lot of good info by experienced/knowledgeable people here, so feel free to enjoy the info and ask questions.  :)  I'm sure someone can give you shotgun tips to help you out.  Are you reloading yet?  If not, you might want to look into it eventually because of all of the ammo you are going to shoot.  LOL!  I found out that after a very short while you realize that you end up shooting way more than expected.  LOL!

It's so funny how you mention safety, as that is one of the biggest concerns I have when I go to a new match.  

I always tend to run my first match at a new location, slower than I would normally just to show the RSO I'm all about the safety.  (at least the first stage)

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

I haven't begun the reloading yet, I just do what i can to buy ammo when its on sale - hardly ever.

I'm way over my bullet budget always. :(