Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Racker

tyman1876

I'd like to get a new (larger) racker for my DVC Open but I'm having trouble finding one that already has the spots for the ball detents that are on the slide.

I know I can modify one myself fairly easy but if there is any other options out there I'd like to look into them.

Any ideas?

Our answer will make a difference whether your current racker is on your weak hand. Send us a picture.

I'm using the stock racker on my weak hand side. Also my optic is a DPP Pro on an Everglades mount, if that makes a difference.

1de1c2737432a8f08d743b7b8c50c865.jpg

16 hours ago, tyman1876 said:

I'd like to get a new (larger) racker for my DVC Open but I'm having trouble finding one that already has the spots for the ball detents that are on the slide.

I know I can modify one myself fairly easy but if there is any other options out there I'd like to look into them.

Any ideas?

Couple of questions.

1. When you say "larger" are you talking about length or diameter? Your existing racker looks big to me, I've seen a number of longer ones but could never understand why.

2. You said the ball detents are on the slide? The normal configuration is the ball detents are in the racker and the pockets that the balls fit into are milled into the slide, does yours actually have the detent balls as part of the slide?

Just trying to make the question clearer in my mind. I buy the long ones and then cut and shape them the way I like them.

go gun 1.JPG

the Brazos ZigZagger has the ball bearings in them and longer than the STI DVC one, also without ball bearings are ones from EGW, CK arms, and Shooters Connection (you can get most of these thru Speed Shooters International, look at their website)

Edited by race1911

Okay sorry if my original description was too vague. My problem is that occasionally the racker will hit my strong hand thumb. What I'm looking for is one that is bent up and higher than the original DVC racker.

The ball bearings are inside the dovetail on the slide. The racker itself has 2 holes that the bearings pop into when installed. I was hoping for a racker with the same design.