Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? on drilling a 75 slide for a guide rod

JWBaldree

I have a 75 Omega that I wanted to add a SS full length guide rod to. Does any one know where to locate the hole for the guide rod, exactly that is? Or is the location not that critical to where I have locate the spot down to the thousandth of and inch? I don't have a drilled 75 slide to cheat off of, and my SP-01 slide front profile is different enough to be meaningless.

Thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, JWBaldree said:

I have a 75 Omega that I wanted to add a SS full length guide rod to. Does any one know where to locate the hole for the guide rod, exactly that is? Or is the location not that critical to where I have locate the spot down to the thousandth of and inch? I don't have a drilled 75 slide to cheat off of, and my SP-01 slide front profile is different enough to be meaningless.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't done it, but I imagine you could duplicate the distance from the center of your SP01 barrel to the center of the guide rod hole.

3 hours ago, arkadi said:

Not mine emoji14.png Got the gun for like $300, IIRC.

wow .

i will try to refer to u importer ,because in latvia  u are paying an excellent price for rust. and we have a lot.:rolleyes:

but i understand that in latvia like in my country rusty gun better than nothing 

Edited by yigal

Broke out a good flash light and took a hard look inside the firing pin spring channel. Tooling marks were plainly visible from the drill / mill that cut the channel, including a dimple for center where the bit was bottomed out. Made for an easy reference point and was deep enough to catch a long 3/ 32 bit for a pilot hole. Came in from the front afterwards with a 15 / 64 (closest to 6mm I had). Easy / peasy.