Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BOLO for SAO Tanfoglio worth it?

FunkyTownAggie

I read the thread on the BOLO which most people were using to improve the DA and SA of tanfoglios.  I believe someone asked about the improvement on SAO tanfoglios and I didn't see a reply so thought I'd ask again.  Is it worth it to get a BOLO interruptor for single action only tanfoglios?  I have an elite limited if it matters.

The Titan hammer is why the trigger pull weight dropped. 

You don't need an inturruptor in a SAO gun, and that's what the bolo is. It can be of a benefit because it can reduce pre travel, but a good trigger like the EGD or Henning can do the same thing. I would do that before using a bolo for a single action only gun.

4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

The Titan hammer is why the trigger pull weight dropped. 

You don't need an inturruptor in a SAO gun, and that's what the bolo is. It can be of a benefit because it can reduce pre travel, but a good trigger like the EGD or Henning can do the same thing. I would do that before using a bolo for a single action only gun.

You have zero idea what you're talking about. 

While the single action hooks in any aftermarket hammer will help, the bolo will drop SAO tigger weight. The EGD or Henning trigger will not do the same thing, because you can not get a pre/over screw travel to meet in the middle. You can with a bolo and post travel screw. Early on, we tried to make the bolo work with the pre/post, but it couldn't get anywhere near what the bolo/post set-up achieved. I think that's why some people are anti-bolo in a SAO gun; they tried running it with the pre/post. Every single person I've put in a bolo/post set-up has not looked back... 

Edited by SoCalShooter69

Opinions differ, I suppose. OP was asking if a bolo might be warranted and I think it isn't necessary in a SAO gun. It is cheaper if you want to keep the stock trigger rather than get an aftermarket one. That's really the reason to get a bolo.

I guess if I had investment in a part I'd want to see it succeed as well. I'd just be nicer about it is all. 

Edited by Twinkie

2 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Opinions differ, I suppose. OP was asking if a bolo might be warranted and I think it isn't necessary in a SAO gun. It is cheaper if you want to keep the stock trigger rather than get an aftermarket one. That's really the reason to get a bolo.

I guess if I had investment in a part I'd want to see it succeed as well. I'd just be nicer about it is all. 

That should have been your original reply. So much better. I respect your opinion, and appreciate the feedback. 

For what it's worth, i slid a bolo into a S2 with match SAO trigger, titan hammer.

I had to completely REMOVE the pre-travel screw. Other than that it dropped in. It turned the trigger into a switch. Best single action trigger i ever toggled. Nearly zero reset, smooth and light almost no pre-travel ... just a slight motion and ... bang! Really, if i hadn't experienced it, i probably would agree with @Twinkie, but having done it... well it flat out works.

The bolo (as i understand it) was engineered to drop in when titan hammer and one piece sear are used. That has been my experience too. However, you can tweak it to work with your henning & egw parts.  just more effort to get it right.

Needed? Lol, some think the factory trigger is good enough.  if you want the best sao tanfo trigger,  then it's  the only way to go. But, otherwise not "needed", but hight desirable.