Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Check other than Dillon?

I have been using the Hornady Powder Cop dies ... only because I was already using them when I switched over to a 650.

They don't lock out the press or anything ... the rod simply pops up when a case comes under it that has something in it. 

I got used to simply looking to see the little white washer pop up everytime I pulled the handle.

They are coming off now because I am in the process of adding bullet feeder dies ... but these guys are simple; easy to use and have worked well for me.

powderck.jpg.92f4e866d50d9f1a1fdb5f7f677b0877.jpg

I have used the Hornady Powder Cop, RCBS Lockout and Dillon's and prefer Dillon's over them all, because IMO it is easier to adjust on the fly for varying powders and charge weights. I am a proponent of powder checks and use them on both my manual and automated presses.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped using powder checks, with the current KaKlunk Dillon PM's it's damn near impossible to get a double charge on a 1050, plus I have video for power check as well.  Plus using a MBF no room for one anyway.  Rick is working on a drop/seating die combo, though for those that want to use a powder check and still have separate crimp die.

• 4 weeks later...