Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore match type and or stage creation question

Cuz

Is there a way to create a Virginia count stage that has just steel?

I'm a new PractiScore user. I'm trying to setup a "USPSA like" match that will have only steel stages. Most stages are Comstock which is easy to setup. But, I also want to create some Virginia count stages and those are problematic.

I know that technically the USPSA rules don't allow it, but this is really just for a local club to use a plate rack to get some practice, etc.

For instance, if the stage consists of a plate rack with 6 plates, the stage would be:

String 1: Shoot 3 freestyle, perform reload, shoot 3 strong hand only.

String 2: Shoot 3 freestyle, perform reload, shoot 3 weak hand only.

My alternatives (for scoring purposes) could be to create the stage with just one paper target requiring 12 hits, or 2 targets requiring 6 hits each, etc.

Is there a different match type or setting in PractiScore that will let me create a match that has a fixed round count with just steel?

Thanks,

-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is for practice only, what stops you from using Comstock? You can add penalties for extra shots, e.g. using 10.2.1 penalty.

There is also ProAm match type - just how many steel you knocked down.

Thanks, I know there are a lot of things I could do to work around the restrictions in PractiScore. I understand that PractiScore applies the rules for the chosen match to help prevent making mistakes. What I'm asking is if PractiScore has some sort of "outlaw" mode that lets you create a match that doesn't conform exactly to the rules. One such example would be to allow the creation of a Virginia count stage with all steel.

Virginia count is more than just restricting number of shots... Unfortunately your best bet for any outlaw is to use Comstock.

On a side note, why restrict number of shots on steel? If they shooting extras they already penalizing themselves...

You mean getting them used to scoring it on the tablet? 

Actually, both. The question was why restrict the number of shots on steel. It was just to change things up a bit.

I believe the solution is to write up the stage as Virginia count, but put it in PractiScore as comstock and just keep track manually. This is very simple to do, and I understand that. It just got me wondering if it was possible to create a stage in PractiScore that was Virginia count with just Steel targets. At this time it appears the answer is "no". Maybe a future version will let you create an outlaw type match where many of the restrictions are not enforced.

-Cuz

...The question was why restrict the number of shots on steel...

Uspsa rule book is the main reason it is restricted and it been like that for ages. It also feels somewhat odd that you want people to get used to score an illegal stage.

Anyhow, if you believe your reasoning is important and will be useful not only to you, email support@practiscore.com as not everyone from PS team reading this place