Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which springs for Mecgar CZ mags?

mikeinctown

I have a half dozen of the nickel plated Mecgar mags for my Shadow. Recently the gun hasn't always been going to slide lock when the magazine is empty so I got some replacement Wolff springs. Only problem is that the springs are a bunch narrower than the Mecgar springs and they do not fit around the plastic baseplate to snap in place. I pulled out one of my OE 19 round mags and they have metal plates with a hook that will work with the Wolff springs. Does everyone who runs Wolff springs just order new factory baseplates for their Mecgar mags, or are you using some other baseplate/spring combination?

If you are using some other spring besides the Wolff springs, where are you ordering from?

On 9/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, Jason Krywicki said:

Had that problem. These are the springs you want to buy:

https://czcustom.com/spring-mag-mecgar-follower.html

Excellent, thanks. Like the quantity discount as others wanted like $7 each with no discount. Would figure since I just did an order with CZ last week and didn't realize the other springs I bought wouldn't work. 

i've used those springs and just didn't seat them on the locking plate. yeah the spring was a little crooked at the bottom but the mag still worked and i didn't have to spend any money.

i've also cut the base of those mag springs so they contacted the locking plate along just one side, clipping the coil from a U shape at the bottom to an I shape.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, rowdyb said:

i've used those springs and just didn't seat them on the locking plate. yeah the spring was a little crooked at the bottom but the mag still worked and i didn't have to spend any money.

i've also cut the base of those mag springs so they contacted the locking plate along just one side, clipping the coil from a U shape at the bottom to an I shape.

Thanks for the suggestions. Well they are just sitting on my table so using them would be better than letting them get rusty. I'll just use the ones I got and be super careful taking them apart for cleaning. New ones going on order for next time.

BTW, have you had a chance to use or look at any of the orange ones that they have at the benstoegerproshop? I like the idea of high viz orange and for $2 a pop they are cheap enough to try.