Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 Glock 35 brass magwell with TTI base pads

Novagunner

Hi All,

Just want to get some input on a good brass magwell for use on a gen 3 Glock 35 with the TTI +5/6 base pads that I shoot USPSA limited with. Wishing that TTI still sold their heavy brass ones but oh well. I am currently using a TTI aluminum magwell but I put on a SJC frame weight and the gun feels really nose heavy and I am looking to balance it out a bit. I have thought about ordering the Dawson super heavy and cutting a relief for the mag  pad pin if needed. 

Thanks.  

Edited by Novagunner

Not a Dawson but this worked perfectly with my stainless Zev.  The pin had plenty of clearance but I ended up notching the brass insert as well to keep the top round from catching the now exposed edge.  

IMG_20170904_235859.jpg

Edited by NWfront

I was considering one of the Zev heavy SS or brass for the extra weight but since there are discontinued and hard to find, I was just going to go with the Dawson since they are still made. 

Thought about the SJC also but that thing is huge.

28 minutes ago, Novagunner said:

I was considering one of the Zev heavy SS or brass for the extra weight but since there are discontinued and hard to find, I was just going to go with the Dawson since they are still made. 

Thought about the SJC also but that thing is huge.

I have one in a gen 5 G35 and the TTI basepad pin hits it.  I shortened and angled the pin instead of modifying the magwell to make it work.